• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Souths and the Referendum

Me too, no one should be forced to wear the green and gold, wear the National emblem, take money from such a terrible country?

No one should be able to come in and steal the land of an innocent nation of people just minding their own business, I don't recall the indigenous sending an invitation to the monarchy to come over here and steal the country from it's original inhabitants. Where does the money come from that you say "they" are taking?

Oh yeah, from the wealth of the land that no treaty was ever agreed upon for, who owned that until it was stolen?

If it is a strongly held conviction you most certainly wouldn’t want wear the colours, wear the emblem and most certainly not receive the paycheck from any such country?

Green and gold has nothing to do with colonialism, neither does the Kangaroo.

Why do you keep mentioning giving people money? Maybe you need to start viewing it as back rent.

Invade a country, enslave it's people, put bounties on their heads, rape the women, poison water holes, forbid them from hunting in traditional areas, forbid them from speaking their own language, steal their children and basically treat them as animals.

The red white and blue of the union jack represents this behaviour, as do the lyrics of Advance Australia Fair if you bother to read the full version, all five verses. They are tied closely together.

Why would indigenous people want to celebrate such a period in their history?

Would you expect victims of the holocaust to celebrate National German Day and sing their anthem? If not, why not?

How strong are these convictions?

I'd suggest very strong.
Follow the money trail?

Like the colonial British followed the money trail of everything they stole like gold, iron, copper, oil, vegetation, land, fishing etc etc etc etc etc........................

By the way, welcome to the 21st century.

Rabbit 77 how is this for barbarism,natives of India rebelled against Anglo colonial rule.The “criminals“were tied to the mouth of a cannon and blown to pieces!Unbelievable! Same mob reckoned Palestine was uninhabited when handed over to the Israelites!
Yes we are civilised or is it just the veneer of civilisation?

WOW what a cartoon. I have not seen one like this since WW2 What you really need is on the left you have an Australian voter- just poor, ignorant turd like a poor white, Indian, Asian struggler asking ' Do I have to vote YES in the voice- shouldn't we be concentrating on the cost of living?
On the right you have a A lister, influential person, actor, singer, RICH inner-city ******** yelling'"You will vote the way I tell you , you piece of scum'.
It is interesting that they always have a Nazi symbol. Ironic. People like A listers who support Hamas are the closest thing to Nazis I know.

I can’t see a solution. Full blown war seems the only thing. Mass destruction with a clear winner😰

So very true, the virtue signaling elites who most likely have zero to do with or live in an area with Aboriginals telling us how to feel, or like Waleed Aly telling us we need to be educated for voting no.
WOW what a cartoon. I have not seen one like this since WW2 What you really need is on the left you have an Australian voter- just poor, ignorant turd like a poor white, Indian, Asian struggler asking ' Do I have to vote YES in the voice- shouldn't we be concentrating on the cost of living?
On the right you have a A lister, influential person, actor, singer, RICH inner-city ******** yelling'"You will vote the way I tell you , you piece of scum'.
It is interesting that they always have a Nazi symbol. Ironic. People like A listers who support Hamas are the closest thing to Nazis I know.

Last edited:
So very true, the virtue signaling elites who most likely have zero to do with or live in an area with Aboriginals telling us how to feel, or like Waleed Aly telling us we need to be educated for voting no.

In his defense Wally ran away from those comments. Admitted he was wrrrrrong and actually printed a more factual and reasoned response

Captain, you've asked that question from a good position in my opinion, no judgement, just curiosity.
Obviously nobody can answer for those players and this is just my commentary on the situation but at the end of the day who cares?
We live in a free country.
Do what you want. It's not hurting anybody.
He's wearing the Aussie jersey?
Who cares.
Anybody who thinks that you should sing the national anthem if you put on an Australian jersey is a fascist. Prove me wrong.
So many times I've heard people comment about people being offended regarding an issue and saying just because you're offended doesn't mean the majority has to conform to your views ,and the majority applauds. Then a first nation's person doesn't want to sing the national anthem and all of a sudden EVERYONE can be offended.
No one is forcing anyone to do anything???

It is just being pointed out that these players are tangled in confusion and hypocrisy. Screaming ab
No one should be able to come in and steal the land of an innocent nation of people just minding their own business, I don't recall the indigenous sending an invitation to the monarchy to come over here and steal the country from it's original inhabitants. Where does the money come from that you say "they" are taking?

Oh yeah, from the wealth of the land that no treaty was ever agreed upon for, who owned that until it was stolen?

Green and gold has nothing to do with colonialism, neither does the Kangaroo.

Why do you keep mentioning giving people money? Maybe you need to start viewing it as back rent.

Invade a country, enslave it's people, put bounties on their heads, rape the women, poison water holes, forbid them from hunting in traditional areas, forbid them from speaking their own language, steal their children and basically treat them as animals.

The red white and blue of the union jack represents this behaviour, as do the lyrics of Advance Australia Fair if you bother to read the full version, all five verses. They are tied closely together.

Why would indigenous people want to celebrate such a period in their history?

Would you expect victims of the holocaust to celebrate National German Day and sing their anthem? If not, why not?

I'd suggest very strong.

Like the colonial British followed the money trail of everything they stole like gold, iron, copper, oil, vegetation, land, fishing etc etc etc etc etc........................

By the way, welcome to the 21st century.
You tell a fine story Darque with about a quarter of the facts. Not sure where to start. Maybe your comparison with the holocaust?, maybe it was generations ago, maybe non of us current Australians committed these atrocities, maybe non of our these indigenous peoples today had these atrocities committed against them, maybe terrible, unfair and atrocious acts are not exclusive to aboriginals. No one in this country is owed rent, if you are born here and embrace this country we should all play our part and offer our best to this country?

Where would you like to send this melting pot of a multicultural peoples to ? Where would we all be sent and how many generations do you need to of been here to be included as an Australian now ? At some point we all need to look forward and do better , everyone ( whilst remembering and learning from the past!)

The green and gold colours aren’t colours given to us by aboriginals, the emblem was designed and put together by aboriginals.

We all can remember and learn from history and this country like every country has some very bad stories in it. To suggest that any of these bad things are exclusively against aboriginal peoples or only ever committed by whites against blacks is a huge mistake.

We are all now being taught and influenced that australia was a nation before 1888 ? It never was thus the “First Nations” term. There were lots of tribes, mobs many very violent and brutal to each other. There may be 20-50 tribes that are now completely wiped out by other indigenous tribes, gone. Indigenous peoples have also treated each other very poorly at times well before settlement and definitely up to today. We don’t tend to acknowledge this or talk to much about it. Hard for these mobs that have been wiped out to have inter generational trauma when they are completely gone !

All people and all country’s have histories that aren’t all rainbows and lollipops indigenous peoples included ! We all should acknowledge and remember the past , learn from it and all do our best not to repeat the mistakes. We all should also look forward embrace the good, encourage and add to the great parts of this great country. Often this is very tough not only for indigenous peoples but people with tough pasts of any ethnicity. It takes personal responsibility and accountability from each individual to do their best for themselves , their families, their communities and greater society.

We don’t live in a perfect country but for millionaire footballers to be screaming from there Eastern suburbs penthouses , driving their Range rovers between multiple properties is a little cringeworthy!!!

They could use their platforms as many do to unite, encourage, show gratitude and help lift others around up. Rather than divide and cause an us vs them mentality.

It’s not about singing or not singing it’s the grandstanding and trouble making around it. If they never sang the anthem but didngg to carry on about it , it no issue. But to wear the colours , emblem and take the cash is hypocritical and shows the convictions aren’t deep enough to say no to the lot !

In my humble opinion it just a poor look.

No one is forcing anyone to do anything???

It is just being pointed out that these players are tangled in confusion and hypocrisy. Screaming ab

You tell a fine story Darque with about a quarter of the facts. Not sure where to start. Maybe your comparison with the holocaust?, maybe it was generations ago, maybe non of us current Australians committed these atrocities, maybe non of our these indigenous peoples today had these atrocities committed against them, maybe terrible, unfair and atrocious acts are not exclusive to aboriginals. No one in this country is owed rent, if you are born here and embrace this country we should all play our part and offer our best to this country?

Where would you like to send this melting pot of a multicultural peoples to ? Where would we all be sent and how many generations do you need to of been here to be included as an Australian now ? At some point we all need to look forward and do better , everyone ( whilst remembering and learning from the past!)

The green and gold colours aren’t colours given to us by aboriginals, the emblem was designed and put together by aboriginals.

We all can remember and learn from history and this country like every country has some very bad stories in it. To suggest that any of these bad things are exclusively against aboriginal peoples or only ever committed by whites against blacks is a huge mistake.

We are all now being taught and influenced that australia was a nation before 1888 ? It never was thus the “First Nations” term. There were lots of tribes, mobs many very violent and brutal to each other. There may be 20-50 tribes that are now completely wiped out by other indigenous tribes, gone. Indigenous peoples have also treated each other very poorly at times well before settlement and definitely up to today. We don’t tend to acknowledge this or talk to much about it. Hard for these mobs that have been wiped out to have inter generational trauma when they are completely gone !

All people and all country’s have histories that aren’t all rainbows and lollipops indigenous peoples included ! We all should acknowledge and remember the past , learn from it and all do our best not to repeat the mistakes. We all should also look forward embrace the good, encourage and add to the great parts of this great country. Often this is very tough not only for indigenous peoples but people with tough pasts of any ethnicity. It takes personal responsibility and accountability from each individual to do their best for themselves , their families, their communities and greater society.

We don’t live in a perfect country but for millionaire footballers to be screaming from there Eastern suburbs penthouses , driving their Range rovers between multiple properties is a little cringeworthy!!!

They could use their platforms as many do to unite, encourage, show gratitude and help lift others around up. Rather than divide and cause an us vs them mentality.

It’s not about singing or not singing it’s the grandstanding and trouble making around it. If they never sang the anthem but didngg to carry on about it , it no issue. But to wear the colours , emblem and take the cash is hypocritical and shows the convictions aren’t deep enough to say no to the lot !

In my humble opinion it just a poor look.
I don't think you'll ever get it, and that's ok.

Voice or no voice the kids need to be educated, the parents must want a better future for the kids, this means attending school.
agree100% EVERY child should be at school EVERY day, doing 2 hours of intensive English and 1 hour of Maths EVERY day. As an ex schoolie I saw first hand the damage done even if a child was away for a short time.
Any time less is not giving the student the best opportunity for attaining the best job possible. It is child abuse in my opinion. There was an excellent article in the Saturday GOOD WEEKEND talking about discipline in schools. It takes only one disruptive student to ruin a class learning experience.
The two go together.

What the govt needs to do is make sure every dollar meant for FN welfare gets to the people, when directed through Aboriginal councils ect sadly not all gets there, despite being well paid, ie over 800k$ during his time with the Murray Valley Aboriginal co-op Phil Egan the ex AFL player wanting compensation for alleged racism has been charged with fraud over 800,000$
#####
The ABC understands allegations of financial discrepancies at the organisation were first reported to police in 2018, with an allegation more than $800,000 was missing between 2008 and 2015.

AND they can learn about the superiority of the Aryan /Anglo race😜

Latest posts

Back