• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Souths and the Referendum

Bunny Boy

Reaction score
The club have just released a statement supporting the yes vote.

Not sure how I feel about this.

Interesting considering my comment on the membership thread about pushing political agendas.

Not sure its needed.

Big news and statement either way

Because of the politically correct world we are now made to live in they have no choice.

Souths, or any other business on the planet, would face enormous public backlash if they don't support it, possibly even if they just ignored it.

Not a big thing though, at least we avoid any more negative publicity, in short they are behaving and covering their arses.

Not a fan of this at all; I think it's absolutely unnecessary.

For the record; I know and have heard from other people that a lot of Aboriginal people are voting No on this.

If it was just Aboriginals voting; It would not be unanimous.

Because of the politically correct world we are now made to live in they have no choice.

Souths, or any other business on the planet, would face enormous public backlash if they don't support it, possibly even if they just ignored it.

Not a big thing though, at least we avoid any more negative publicity, in short they are behaving and covering their arses.

Darque, it is a big thing.

Hence its extremely dangerous as a sporting organization to pick a side.

For the record; I know and have heard from other people that a lot of Aboriginal people are voting No on this.

Agreed.

It's not unanimous, its a touchy subject, so I dont see the point.

No ethnic group or subculture in the country would be unanimous about anything. It's a spurous argument to suggest that the indiginous community should have to be unanimous on the Voice (or anything else). And for the record: the Liberal Party is NOT unanimous in supporting the NO vote. My local Liberal Member and party leader Mark Speakman supports YES.

Is Souths making a statement really that big a deal? Of course they are going to given the ties to the Indigenous.

I’m not a political guy at all… its all one big sham in my eyes so I never quite understand people getting all emotional and hung up on it, this matter included. I doubt anyone is going to see Souths supporting it and be influenced by it, nor is it going to change anyones opinion of Souths.

This is an important moment in the history of our nation, and we strongly encourage our Members and supporters to gather more information to form their own position on this referendum. We recognise and respect that every individual Australian has the right to make their own decision.
I don’t think they could have put it any fairer than that.

This is pretty funny……

And for what it’s worth, it’s not dangerous, it’s not confusing, vote yes

Love this. Thank for sharing.

You have heard from other people a lot of aboriginal people are voting know.

Good lord. Thank those other people for representing the indigenous people on thus matter 🤣🤣

No , everyone already has a voice.

I recall a song WE ARE ONE , WE ARE AUSTRALIAN.

If you think YES , then What about a voice for NZers in Australia , Greeks in Australia , Jews in Australia , English in Australia , Irish in Australia , Chinese in Australia , Vietnamese in Australia , South Africans in Australia , Papua New Guinea folk in Australia , Indonesian in Australia

Since folks are putting down their view , that was mine.

Reactions: CCR
No , everyone already has a voice.

I recall a song WE ARE ONE , WE ARE AUSTRALIAN.

If you think YES , then What about a voice for NZers in Australia , Greeks in Australia , Jews in Australia , English in Australia , Irish in Australia , Chinese in Australia , Vietnamese in Australia , South Africans in Australia , Papua New Guinea folk in Australia , Indonesian in Australia

Since folks are putting down their view , that was mine.
Yeah cause we are like the indigenous. We had children stolen. Homes destroyed. Kids buried and their heads kicked off. We have had generations of abuse that has made significant health issues for 9ur culture.

I'm lebanese and I have gone through nothing like the indigenous have and to even suggest we need a voice is ridiculous. But all to their own.

Back