• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 8: Rabbitohs v Storm

Alarming stats from last night.

49% Possession
84% Completion rate

The fact that with that amount of ball and completions we still let in 10 tries. That just highlights how poor our defence was last night.

Alarming stats from last night.

49% Possession
84% Completion rate

The fact that with that amount of ball and completions we still let in 10 tries. That just highlights how poor our defence was last night.
Our edges were exposed at every opportunity as was going to be the Achilles' Heel before kick-off. Totally gutted but seriously what did you expect Josh with the team we put on the field? We can pretend that we weren't expecting a hiding based on our continued performance since last year and in many ways we are back to the 2000's of hoping to jag a win and be at least competitive. Cam's face and his only response in the presser summed it all up... we have no answers from a coaching perspective, an admin perspective or a team perspective. We don't know how to go back to where we were pre-April 2023. Sad but true. Get the sandpaper and varnish ready...the most unwanted prize has our name on it for 2024.

what player half decent player off contract would come here really

what player half decent player off contract would come here really
We’re back to the days where we are going to have to pay overs to attract top line players.

The only way that doesn’t happen is if we appoint a top line Coach to come in and fix the mess that is player recruitment, player fitness, and onfield issues.

I thought we were back to the 2007/2008 days but we are actually back to the 2003 / 2004 days and it sucks big time.

Our edges were exposed at every opportunity as was going to be the Achilles' Heel before kick-off
Issues all over the park in defence. That period where they put 22 points on us without touching the ball they were offloading at will. We were dropping off tackles all over the place.

Unfortunately the cupboard is now bare.

I don’t see how JD lasts now. Whilst the season is basically over, we need to salvage something from it going into next season.

I wouldnt be upset if our next coach only had a focus on defence and defence alone.

We have leaked points for far too long now and its getting worse as we have seen.

Give me a grinding 10-8 win anyday where we are at least competitive and have defensive resolve.

Our injury toll has certainly destroyed any cohesion in this squad, so absolutely it's a reason. We've had to play Milne on the wing because both our wingers are gone. We have a bog average centre in Tass out there because our other centre Graham has gone. We've lost and then lost again probably our best prop in Tatola. We only just got back our workhouse edge in Arrow and have continued to lose players out of our 17 up until now. Add that to the fact we have a draw from hell and yes injuries are a major, major player in where we're at.
So how do you explain when Penrith lose key players like Cleary, Yeo, Martin, Luai and To’o they still manage to win and look cohesive, direct and well drilled

We have had our first choice spine out there for most the season and all the backend of last, yet we look unfit, directionless and non cohesive

News flash.

JD isn’t an NRL quality coach

You mysteriously failed to mention our injury crisis in your detailed report. So are we to believe this is just a ghostly apparition that didn't have any affect on the goings on of our current situation.
He had our full strength squad available to him from round 22 last year and could only manage 1 win

Some of the injuries are due to his poor and desperate decisions like playing Graham all season with a busted sternum and rushing back Munro

If he didn’t recruit and extend so many plodders we could cover most of these injuries, yet we can’t because JD thought his Cutters boys could mix it in the NRL

He overestimated their ability and his own

This is all his doing

It's actually overwhelming how much shit has gone down over the last 12 months and yet all the suits, smiles, and staff have done in terms of press releases and communicating to the fans is... punt Sam Burgess and lie about the reason.

Hahahahahahhahaha.

Every single second these goofs do not announce mass thank you for your services I am in literal pain.

We looked the canary in the coalmine dead in the eye and said you know what, nah, I trust these four rubble walls. #Process

If you're happy and you know it.

It's actually overwhelming how much shit has gone down over the last 12 months and yet all the suits, smiles, and staff have done in terms of press releases and communicating to the fans is... punt Sam Burgess and lie about the reason.

Hahahahahahhahaha.

Every single second these goofs do not announce mass thank you for your services I am in literal pain.

We looked the canary in the coalmine dead in the eye and said you know what, nah, I trust these four rubble walls. #Process

If you're happy and you know it.
While there’s a lot wrong with the club, can we stop rewriting history for the sake of it. We didn’t punt Sam, he was always taking a head coach role which had come while we were still doing well. Rusty wanted to try and settle things for literally just the Roosters game to see if we could save the season and they couldn’t resolve it all so he left with one game left.

the most concerning part for mine is even if we sack JD, which absolutely is inevitable, it is very very unlikely we’re going to get a new coach in that is genuinely exciting.

There’s just nothing out there. People saying throw cash at Bellamy etc are dreaming. And it’s nice to dream. But it ain’t reality.

the most concerning part for mine is even if we sack JD, which absolutely is inevitable, it is very very unlikely we’re going to get a new coach in that is genuinely exciting.

There’s just nothing out there. People saying throw cash at Bellamy etc are dreaming. And it’s nice to dream. But it ain’t reality.

The response to that is usually “get anyone just get someone else”. Same with the playing roster. The quality available is on par or worse than what we have

Latest posts

Back