• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 10: Rabbitohs v Dragons

Callmack1

Staff member
Reaction score
Once again, finally it’s Monday which brings with it a new week and a new Round to look forward to. This time, we head into Round 10 in a huge clash with one of our biggest rivals, the Dragons.

They’re one of our traditional rivals most traditional rivals, the Dragons. Our rivalry with them is very rich and vast and it stretches back nearly 100 years. I know some people dispute that because of the merger, but that's the way I'll always see it. They're a traditional rival so it's always a big game against them. Both teams don't like each other, and it's been that way for many, many years. Looking forward to continuing it all this Saturday.

Well, can we really look forward to it? Latrell is back which will help but aside from that, our team is decimated. Absolutely decimated. I think we have something like 16 fit players in the whole squad so how the hell are we gonna field a team and fill all the spots this week? We’re down and nearly out. Backs against the wall and massively up against it. If we can somehow rise and step up to put in a good performance, it’ll be a minor miracle. Can’t believe I’m saying that when we’re playing the Dragons, shows you how far we’ve fallen.

In saying that, they’re kind of on the rise. Flannagan has them playing some decent Footy to the point where they deserve to be favourites. They’ll see this as a massive opportunity to get one over us.

Not feeling confident, but I know me, I’ll still get behind my team, back the boys and get my hopes up on game day as always.

Let’s go.

A couple of weeks ago I had this as our next win.

When a coach is sacked it is usually the 2nd game that the interim coach gets his first win as well.

However our injury crisis has made me reevaluate my thoughts.

Watching the Dragons yesterday they are defending well enough. We say improvement in our defence Thursday night. But still a long way off. Further compounded by losing our best defender in the middle.

For some strange reason I still feel as though this is a game we can win. Although having Shibasaki likely playing in the centres doesn’t fill me with confidence.

Latrell coming back is interesting. Are we going to see the same player we saw against the Warriors? Or will we see that player that came back in 2022?

Cody Walker is another important piece. He is showing signs of improvement as well. If we are any chance we need both these guys taking control of the game.

It looks like it is going to be a wet one as well. Just hope that the Dragons make plenty of errors like yesterday.

I can’t remember the last time the Dragons started favourites against us.
It’s plain embarrassing

It's unfortunate but we are now a joke.

I can’t remember the last time the Dragons started favourites against us.
It’s plain embarrassing
The last time we played them. Dragons were favourites for the Charity Shield.

I've got a Dragons supporter mate saying this is an easy 2 points for them. I think most teams supporters are thinking the same now when it comes to playing us. We really need to make a statement in this game , Dragons were very ordinary yesterday and I think we can beat them. Latrell and Cody if they fire can make it happen.

Just remember, no matter how bad have been, we aways beat the Bye.

Imagine being a Bye fan. They are yet to win a game since entering the NRL.
The problem is other supporters are calling us the Bye… and truthfully Penrith made it look like a training run. Can’t believe how quick we got to this point.

The problem is other supporters are calling us the Bye… and truthfully Penrith made it look like a training run. Can’t believe how quick we got to this point.
Did they?

I get it fell apart at the end, but 18-12 with 22 minutes to go and our fullback and half missing?

I expect a better result for the effort this week.

The only question mark there is whether we have enough troops left on deck to accomplish that.

And that’s acknowledging the very poor last 12 months.

Did they?

I get it fell apart at the end, but 18-12 with 22 minutes to go and our fullback and half missing?

I expect a better result for the effort this week.

The only question mark there is whether we have enough troops left on deck to accomplish that.

And that’s acknowledging the very poor last 12 months.
Did Penrith look as intense to you as normal? They didn’t look like they were on their game to me. I thought they were very casual. But maybe it was just a function of resting Cleary…

Did Penrith look as intense to you as normal? They didn’t look like they were on their game to me. I thought they were very casual. But maybe it was just a function of resting Cleary…
Did we look as intense as normal or as our squad quality would suggest we should play? Goes both ways.

Agree, they were below their best. Can only play the opposition though.

Latrell owes his teammates big time . He needs to have the game of his life. If he does and our guys can get their defence back on track I think we could win this by 14+. This compared to our other games is an easy one, and the mindsets within our squad should switch back into positive territory.

As stupid as this sounds, if our spine is: Latrell, Wighton, Cody, Cook... and we have in our forwards Arrow, Burgess, Koloamatangi, Havili, etc...

There really is no excuse to lose to the Dragons.

with murray out and arrow not 100%, our middle defense will be average in the last 20 again because we front load our energy

Back