• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 5: Rabbitohs v Warriors

The Member's Bar area is open I presume...that could be a drier alternative.
I don't practice what I preach however as I sat in my seat in Bay 130 when we played Penrith in front of about 5000 other idiots sitting in the rain. However, my mate @winglee brought along a Saints supporter who he coached tennis and we used him as a human weathershield...didn't work but keep laughing about it every time we have heavy rain at Homebush!

I was at training again today. The session was much the same as Tuesday's in terms of what they did and the intensity of it. This session today was probably longer though.

I hate to say it, but after looking sharp on Tuesday, they looked sloppy today. Quite a bit of dropped ball and misdirected passes. A few really nice plays that they executed well, but overall, it was sloppy.

Cody looked good though, he threw some beautiful balls.

Also, it looks like Davvy won't be playing, he trained with the reserves team the whole time. I'd say Pete will come in as he was wearing red and him and Cooky shared the role.
How did the players/coaches respond to drop balls etc? That's more telling than the mistakes themselves.

The Member's Bar area is open I presume...that could be a drier alternative.
I don't practice what I preach however as I sat in my seat in Bay 130 when we played Penrith in front of about 5000 other idiots sitting in the rain. However, my mate @winglee brought along a Saints supporter who he coached tennis and we used him as a human weathershield...didn't work but keep laughing about it every time we have heavy rain at Homebush!
We have seats undercover but if it’s windy the rain blows in oh well I’ll take a poncho along I think if I get wet I get wet. It’ll be worth it if we win.

Lol Callmack is laughing at us probs right now he got drenched last year when we played them over there so if he can handle that then so can I!

Not sure a bench of Pete, Cheekam, Keppie, Duncan excites me. Seems light on especially after JD-sheenius patting himself on the back last week for finally working out two props should replace two props…

Not sure a bench of Pete, Cheekam, Keppie, Duncan excites me. Seems light on especially after JD-sheenius patting himself on the back last week for finally working out two props should replace two props…
Yep already no Arrow, Shaq, Havili then drop Moale seems strange

Keaon has to play middle with that bench. Which is weird because he's just finding some form on the right again.

Also the way he's used Moale just screams to me that Moale will leave and kick on at another club who gives him a proper shot.

Keaon has to play middle with that bench. Which is weird because he's just finding some form on the right again.

Also the way he's used Moale just screams to me that Moale will leave and kick on at another club who gives him a proper shot.
Couldnt agree more on both points. His use of Davvy really confuses me… other coaches wouldve backed him in every week 30-40 minutes to develop but under JD its like 8 minutes, dropped, starting for 15 mins, then he’ll play 40 then 8 then he is starting again lol

One step forward, 2 steps back with JD and some of his selections

signed until the end of 25. I haven’t seen enough to think he’ll be missed.
Doesnt bend the line back with his running, doesn’t ball play and a tad slow in defense
I think he‘s been well managed given his shortcomings

Doesnt bend the line back with his running, doesn’t ball play and a tad slow in defense
He's in 17 this week, isn't he?

You're well entitled to your opinion but I could not disagree more.

All good mate but do you think when he runs he isn’t a threat?
I get his young but god I’d like to see him attack the line with aggression and speed. He ain’t a tony Rampling or even a Nathan Brown in that regard

Last edited:
Let's wait and see how they run out. Maybe Davvy picked up the wrong coloured shirt ? 👨‍🦯🤣

Latest posts

Back