• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 4: Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles

Our forward stocks are really depleted. Any win under the circumstances would be massive and it's really up to the backs to perform. We still have a pretty strong pack (just). DSF had a big hit out in the State Cup playing long minutes and I assume got through it. We still have Burgess and Moale up front. Murray, Koloamatangi and Chee Kam will be the starting backrowers. Duncan might get a chance. Maybe Host will be fit.

I smell a real "backs to the wall" win.

Cheers

Our forward stocks are really depleted. Any win under the circumstances would be massive and it's really up to the backs to perform. We still have a pretty strong pack (just). DSF had a big hit out in the State Cup playing long minutes and I assume got through it. We still have Burgess and Moale up front. Murray, Koloamatangi and Chee Kam will be the starting backrowers. Duncan might get a chance. Maybe Host will be fit.

I smell a real "backs to the wall" win.

Cheers
We're going to need to pull off a big performance.

Last Friday nights loss hurts so much more now with the injuries and our depth in the forwards really being tested.

A game we should have won. With the errors and the bombed chances we gave them too many chances.

If we can manage to get through the next 6 weeks winning half our games then we will be in a good enough position to make a run for the top 4 with an easier part of the draw.

We just can’t afford any more injuries in the forwards. Sele should only be a week. Host is meant to be back this week. I do get the feeling that despite what Jai Arrow is saying we won’t see him this week.

Will be interesting seeing the make up of the side this week. Davvy and DSF both need to put their hand up this week and tell the coach that they want this spot.

I hope the number 4 from Manly is selected again this week. His defence is diabolical.

I hate losing to Easts and a loss to Manly the following week would be almost unbearable. It's a long time since we lost three in a row and as long as we cut out last week's errors we'll be okay.

Cheers

I hope the number 4 from Manly is selected again this week. His defence is diabolical.
Probably transfer to Souths soon.,we miss Paulo!
Paulo would rarely have a good game with Souths,now he’s killing it!

Another tough game in the to start our season. Would be great if we don't lose a key forward in the opening minute.

Plenty of things to take encouragement from in the opening three rounds, We may be 1 and 2 but it wouldn't have taken much for it to have been 3 and 0.

Keep up the good work and sooner or later that extra bit of luck will go our way.

Another tough game in the to start our season. Would be great if we don't lose a key forward in the opening minute.

Plenty of things to take encouragement from in the opening three rounds, We may be 1 and 2 but it wouldn't have taken much for it to have been 3 and 0.

Keep up the good work and sooner or later that extra bit of luck will go our way.
Can we survive the opening set without losing another player?

Assuming Host plays I think our top nine uninjured forwards would be: Cook, Burgess, DSF, Moale, Koloamatangi, Chee Kam, Murray, Host and Cartwright. Depending how JD juggles them, we can get a good starting six with a weakish bench or put a bit more strength on the bench at the expense of the starting line-up. Would he go for Milne on the bench to provide a bit of extra cover for the forwards as well as the outside backs? Is it time to ease Duncan into the side?

Our back row has been going well but probably playing too many minutes. I'd feel better limiting Murray and Koloamatangi to 65 to 70 minutes. DSF had a great workout in the State Cup (played long minutes) and I'd start him - he has a fair amount of NRL experience. Host has always been solid but lacks match fitness - we can expect limited minutes but they will be high quality.

However JD juggles the pack, the forwards will do well enough to allow the backs to win the game for us.

Cheers

I wouldn't be writing off Tatola yet. If it is a similar injury to Lattrell's he may play on. As long as there is no risk of further damage of course.

Back