• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 4: Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles

With the forwards we have out if we can manage a win this game it will be huge. Hopefully Arrow and Host are back.

We need to weather the early strom from their rampaging islanders. The are beasts

We have to find a way to win don’t wanna be 1 and 3 going into the game V Storm.

If we can shut down DCE and limit Turbo's involvement then it will go a long way to winning this one.

Manly are very overrated and we are a much better team than them.

Souths $1.45
Manly $2.75

Way wrong!
Probably indicates betting market doesn’t know Junior and Shaq are out for a while. Once that news gets around money will flow Manlys way and things will even up

If we can shut down DCE and limit Turbo's involvement then it will go a long way to winning this one.

Manly are very overrated and we are a much better team than them.
We've been probably the best at doing this over the years . I'd say stick to the old formula and hold the bloody ball. Our stats weren't that bad last game apart from the errors. Limit those and get an 80% completion and we should win easily.

Righteo, time to drop Round 3 and move on. We must take our learnings from it but otherwise, I don't ever want to think about it again. It's onwards and upwards this week as we move into Round 4 and it's another blockbuster against the Sea Eagles. Another traditional rival of ours with our rivalry stretching back almost 80 years now. And boy, has it been one hell of a rivalry that includes plenty of feeling. It's no secret both sides don't like each other. Well, everyone hates Manly anyway. But in all seriousness, it has been one hell of a rivalry that's included countless big games and big moments including plenty of Grand Finals and Finals. Look forward to resuming it again on Saturday night in another huge game!!

Manly look pretty good I have to admit and we're in for one hell of a challenge this weekend. perhaps much more of a challenge than we thought we'd be in for before the Season started. But no, they look very fresh, very confident and certainly look like they've got it together. They'll be looking to keep the momentum going and keep their unbeaten run going against us. They've got quality all over the park, pretty much everywhere you look I wouldn't say there's anyone that isn't a good player. Of course, they're headlined by stars in the Turbo brothers and DCE. The key to this one for me is certainly winning the middle. In both games I've watched Manly, when they've got that roll on and just poured through, they look extremely hard to stop. But Parra showed last week that if you stand up to them and bully them a bit, they can fold. That then means Tommy Turbo and DCE are far less effective. Parra couldn't do it consistently over 80 minutes, so we have to.

This one really is a must win. I can cop the loss in Round 2 but I don't think anyone associated with South Sydney will cop last week. It is simply unacceptable. The boys will know that, they'll feel exactly the same as us fans, hopefully even worse. I'm expecting a pretty fired up Souths side this weekend, should hopefully get a real bounce back. The boys will know they let a huge opportunity slip last week and we can't compound that with another one this week. We can't afford to lose this one. The fix is pretty simple, just stop the bloody errors!! If we can complete at 80% or above, I think we're going to be a very hard team for anyone to beat so that really needs to be the biggest focus this week. Make 16 errors again and manly will kill us, we just can't do it and we must get it right this time. I think we are unfortunately set to be missing plenty of middles again with Shaq definitely out and it sounds like Junior is in huge doubt too. We really need him to play. We will be boosted by the return of Hosty and hopefully, hopefully Jai so that should help.

It's time to get this start to the Season back on track. Even with guys out, if we get our own game in order, I'm confident we can get one over Manly and do just that. Not gonna be easy, it'll take a huge effort, but it can be done, it has to be done. As I said, losing last week means the pressure is somewhat on this week and it's a must win.

Having our first game back at Accor will help! Saturday night, hopefully good weather, FINALLY a home game, there's no excuse to not get out there and support the boys!!

An exciting week against a fierce rival. Let's get into it!!

Back