• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Round 3: Other Games

Perhaps if we play better upcoming it won’t just be the Burrow making noise and other bays in the crowd make noise. Even when the Tigers are having a dire dire time I can never criticise their faithful they are always very vocal even when behind 8-10 points youll still hear a loud Tigers chant in some games.
We are a business now, not a football team. Rusty bought in because he cares about the team and PHaC was interested in a passion project. Now it’s Rusty, Packer (a noted Roosters fan) and Cannon-Brookes. The latter two couldn’t give a rats about how the team performs.

Perhaps it is a result of a decade of being good and building a brand. However we do not have the dynastic tally of premierships to show for it - like the Storm, Roosters and Panthers do over the last 15 years. We are like the Cowboys, Sharks, and Dragons that have had our 10 minutes of glory before pissing it away.

We play at a stadium miles from our home and where our fans want to go, we take multiple games a year away from Sydney, our administration has strayed from investing in the football team. Bennett has a history of leaving teams in bad positions as he takes total control of the football operations, this wasn’t meant to be the case at Souths, but in his wake there is a clear power vacuum with no clear plan in player development or new signings that fix problems.

As long as the current administration are more concerned with making money and looking good as a corporate entity, we are not going to be winning premierships, which is what this club should be aiming for, and doing.

We are a business now, not a football team. Rusty bought in because he cares about the team and PHaC was interested in a passion project. Now it’s Rusty, Packer (a noted Roosters fan) and Cannon-Brookes. The latter two couldn’t give a rats about how the team performs.

Perhaps it is a result of a decade of being good and building a brand. However we do not have the dynastic tally of premierships to show for it - like the Storm, Roosters and Panthers do over the last 15 years. We are like the Cowboys, Sharks, and Dragons that have had our 10 minutes of glory before pissing it away.

We play at a stadium miles from our home and where our fans want to go, we take multiple games a year away from Sydney, our administration has strayed from investing in the football team. Bennett has a history of leaving teams in bad positions as he takes total control of the football operations, this wasn’t meant to be the case at Souths, but in his wake there is a clear power vacuum with no clear plan in player development or new signings that fix problems.

As long as the current administration are more concerned with making money and looking good as a corporate entity, we are not going to be winning premierships, which is what this club should be aiming for, and doing.
It’s funny you post this tonight…I’ve been here watching the Tigers playing in a packed home ground and thinking, “have we lost our soul?”

I get things are bad at the moment but I think this is very short sighted and recency bias. We definitely left a few premierships on the title, but the current ownership and administration had us as a top 4 regular for the last 5-6 years with 5 straight prelims and a gf. Most clubs would happily take one of those seasons

How good is Bula. What a talent
There are so many good young athletes in this game. Good to see they’re from a range of nations too. Hopefully future internationals are super competitive.

Perhaps if we play better upcoming it won’t just be the Burrow making noise and other bays in the crowd make noise. Even when the Tigers are having a dire dire time I can never criticise their faithful they are always very vocal even when behind 8-10 points youll still hear a loud Tigers chant in some games.
I have yobbo84 - my first game going hy myself as a 12 year old from Ryde to Redfern - it was sensational! 1972 and seeing my idols run out - Simmsy, Satts, Macca, Honan, Sait, Pittard…..

Up in the stand, Gary Stevens mum then kept a seat for me.

Glorious!

I get things are bad at the moment but I think this is very short sighted and recency bias. We definitely left a few premierships on the title, but the current ownership and administration had us as a top 4 regular for the last 5-6 years with 5 straight prelims and a gf. Most clubs would happily take one of those seasons
Yeah there probably is some recency bias to this but football moves fast and you have to move with it. We have gone from grand final in 21, sneaking in to the 8 in 22, missing the 8 last year and looking like a bottom four side this year.

Our recruitment hasn’t been good for about 10 years, we have either signed blokes that are too old, or we have signed players where we are already strong and have papered over cracks to remain good without being great.

Yep most clubs would, but Melbourne, Penrith and The Roosters wouldn’t

If you’re that close for that long you should be converting

But instead of having a good look at where we were falling short we doubled down on players like Cook, Aj and other numerous right wingers and left centres who couldn’t produce what is required

As long as the bottom line looks good that’s all Solly and Co care about

Well let’s see how good the bottom line is at the end of this season

Losing is bad for business

Not sure how true that is about MCB.

He is a Souths fan and has been well before he was the rich man we know him to be today.

Yep most clubs would, but Melbourne, Penrith and The Roosters wouldn’t

If you’re that close for that long you should be converting

But instead of having a good look at where we were falling short we doubled down on players like Cook, Aj and other numerous right wingers and left centres who couldn’t produce what is required

As long as the bottom line looks good that’s all Solly and Co care about

Well let’s see how good the bottom line is at the end of this season

Losing is bad for business
If you read my whole post, I did start it by saying we should have converted those appearances into at least one more premiership. But to say the administration don’t care about winning after having that many top 4 appearances is a stretch. I’d also argue our top 4 record lately is better than the Roosters. They have been underperforming for a while. They were very fortunate they got Cronk when they did

Last edited:
Back