• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 20: Rabbitohs v Sharks

RabbitJ

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Round 20 - Saturday, 30 July 2022
7:30PM
PointsBet Stadium
Cronulla Sharks v South Sydney Rabbitohs

Key Statistics

gLbcTbx.png

H1jY3Bk.png

D1nNB0b.png

I know you only get it straight from NRL site but it irks me a little that they only do head to head record since 1998 (when NRL started) surely they could put overall record also. I feel it undermines club history.

Anyways rant over but this game will tell me a lot about us and sharks. Do we necessarily need to win? No. We could still go well into the finals with a loss but top 4 pretty much ruled out. I’m expecting a dour game- as is usual between us two sides although both teams seem to be playing with a bit more flair I still think it will descend into a grinding close game.

15-20 minute drive from my house on a bad day but have zero desire to go there. Man I hate that place. Everything about it. Only good memory I have there is Scott Geddes scoring at the death in our final round of 2009 to clinch a victory!

Shark Park has always been a terrible ground to watch footy at. The parking is atrocious, the viewing angles are terrible and it’s home to potentially the worst hill in Australia.

15-20 minute drive from my house on a bad day but have zero desire to go there. Man I hate that place. Everything about it. Only good memory I have there is Scott Geddes scoring at the death in our final round of 2009 to clinch a victory!
That was his only try for the season too :D

That was his only try for the season too :D
I need help.

I use Kayo and I am told that I need to pay $150 for a firmware update to access Binge. Surely this is a scam?

Do any of you guys use Kayo or Binge and know of this cost?

Huge game not only for the top 4 but for the psychological advantage over a fellow finalist. Their defence has been excellent all year so if we can crack them at home, then we have gone to that next level and are right in the fight for a top 2 spot, not just top 4.

yes....i was concerned i was being scammed but they were very convincing......they sent an email with a link which i deleted. Talk about a waste of my time.....thanks.

I finally chatted with streamotion and they said they never call customers and there are no charges over and aboard the usual monthly...

My first time i have had someone try and scam me.

Time to switch our focus and look towards Round 20, Women in League Round, as we trade the Red and Green for Pink and Green this week. A very special Round as we celebrate and thank all the Women in our lives and everything they've done for us. Great that the club marks the occasion with a special jersey. And what an occasion it is on Saturday night as we take on the high-flying Sharks in a blockbuster clash. last week was a challenge that we passed with flying colours, but this week, it steps up a notch yet again. Cronulla are third for a reason and it's going to be a very, very tough game against them at home. I hope we're up for this because this will really show us where we're at and it's a chance to make a statement and announce ourselves as genuine contenders.

As I said, the Sharks are currently sitting pretty in third position on the ladder, and they've been one of the best teams all year. Some think it's because they've had an easy draw, but I don't really subscribe to that opinion, if you're in the top four, you're there for a reason and because you've earnt it. No doubt they have been one of the best sides this year and despite losing over the weekend, I think they have proven that they are the real deal and a genuine contender against Penrith. That's dangerous this week because they'll want to get back to winning ways at home no doubt. Cronulla play a really good brand of Footy with toughness and a bit of flair, and it's the stars they have all over the park which allow them to do so. Ramien, Mulitalo, Talakai, Moylan, Hynes, Rudolf, Brailey, Nikora, Graham; Man, the list just goes on and on. Just like last week, I think that once again the key is to hold our own in the middle and then shut down their halves. Although, their backline is a lot more dangerous so we're gonna need to be on across the park really.

For us, we've won four in a row now, but this is going to be our biggest test in many weeks. We're really up against it and up against a huge challenge. This week is about showing we're up to that challenge. With the run we've had recently, the type of Footy we've played and some of the teams we've knocked off, confidence should be sky-high, and I think a super tough game like this comes at the right time. We're either going to announce ourselves as contenders or get a reality check. I hope our boys are up for this and I really think they will be. There's no excuse to not be with everything to play for. Beat Cronulla and it makes the top four a real possibility. We'll go in with a strong side and I know that if we get things right, we can do this!! Hold the ball, complete your sets better, kick like we did last week and defend like we did last week, and we're a massive chance.

A bumper clash at Shark Park in Women in League Round! Will we sink or swim? Our destiny is in our own hands, and I know the boys can do this!! Bring on Saturday!!!!

We always struggle against the Sharks, particularly at Shark Park.

Their brand of niggly, slow down tactics seem to work very well against us.

They’ve got a good forward pack that is possibly better than our, or at least on par.

While the charge against Finucane is totally ridiculous, it would be a good out for us.

If we win, it will stamp our credentials on the competition…much more than beating Melbourne at home for mine.

But I’m already nervous!

Shark Park has not been a good ground for us - we have less than a 30% record there. But we won in 2014 and that was a premiership year so maybe it's time do the double again. The Sharks will be missing Dale Finucane courtesy of the judiciary and we don't seem to have picked up any injuries over the weekend.

A win keeps our hopes of a top four spot alive and I'm pretty hopeful that we can ge the job done.

Cheers

I still have a feeling Finucane will fight the charge.

Back