• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 20: Rabbitohs v Sharks

I need help.

I use Kayo and I am told that I need to pay $150 for a firmware update to access Binge. Surely this is a scam?

Do any of you guys use Kayo or Binge and know of this cost?
I have Kayo, no such fee is required. Bullshit scam.

I need help.

I use Kayo and I am told that I need to pay $150 for a firmware update to access Binge. Surely this is a scam?

Do any of you guys use Kayo or Binge and know of this cost?
I know that Kayo is a joke,they claim it transmits 1080 but more often it’s transmitting in blurred vision!
I use Google chrome but I am lucky to get a picture without the pic.freezing!

I feel this game will be our most important this season so far, it will potentially show we are a real contender or just making up numbers.

The Sharks have a few strong points that we can, at times, not handle so well.

The first one is they have speed and are not shy in playing an open, fast, move the ball type of game. We are not overly blessed with speed out wide and can struggle to contain points against that type of game.

However if you drag them in to a tough, up the middle and bash them type of game, they have a fairly big and mobile pack that can accommodate that type of game as well.

Discipline will come into this game, the Sharks don't mind a bit of niggle and getting in the face of their opposition, they will target Cody and Latts, and if it works we are no hope of winning. Cody and Latts need to hold their nerve and not be baited.

Great opportunity for them both to stand up as leaders who set an example with the way they respond to bad calls, penalties etc.

This will be tough, Cronulla will be a major hurdle, but if we win this one, I genuinely believe we will have shown we can go all the way in 2022.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that the Sharks are due for a wobble. Historically most team suffers one at some point in the season (although the 2022 Panthers have so far defied this historical statistic). The fact that the Sharks come into this game with a last start loss makes me think this could be the start of a wobble. Putting that aside we are building nicely and the lingering worry around our on line defence seems to have been addressed. We can score tries as well as any team and against the Sharks we must be able to defend them because they have shown that they are always ready to spread the ball to the edges where we are often vulnerable. Cartwright and Tass will play a big part in how this pans out, the Sharks with Ramien and Talakai have a pair of ball carrying monsters. The first contact must be solid, allowing them to hit stride could bring us undone.
I just think we have a bit more X factor. Latrell, Cody and Cook are all capable of turning a game and backed up with Cam, Keon and Jai attacking the edges we have enough strike to get the job done.

This game worries me. Although last week did as well with Munster playing. I hate playing at Shark Park. The worst ground to watch footy from.

If we come out and play like we did last week then we will be right in it. I didn’t watch the Sharks game against the Panthers but apparently they really tested them.

Latrell could be the difference in this game. This is where we will need him more than ever.

A win here will all but guarantee us a top 8 spot. A win here will also get me to start thinking we could possibly make the top 4.

Well I'm confident again - the score flattered the Storm last weekend. I just think we are building nicely towards being a premiership threat.

Latrell is back and having a huge impact. Nicholls and Tattola are great starting props and then Burgess comes on and gets metres so well. Cook has found his running game. Arrow is a brilliant backrower - he was everywhere when we needed someone against the Storm. Koloamatangi just had his best game of the season. And then there's Murray. They are supported by a strong bench including a very handy utility. Ilias has improved out of sight since the Dragons debacle, Cartwright is filling in well in the centres, Tass is developing, AJ just keeps scoring tries and Paulo is finally getting into better form now that he's not being stuffed around. I think Cody is due for a really big game.

We are finally putting up good bombs with Ilias taking almost all the kicks.

I have no worries about Shark Park - let's stomp all over them on their home ground and demoralise them.

Cheers

Can anyone confirm that Jaxson's surname is pronounced as 'Poor-law/Paw-law/Pow-Law/Paul-O'?
When they announce the teams at the game it is now pronounced at Pow-Law. That would be the best indication of what it is.

I can confirm that the Rabbitohs provided all media outlets with a pronunciation guide for its playing group.

The ABC Sport boys were very complimentary and appreciative of it.
Yeah, Prowsey is spot on - I have heard this from the guys on Fox too.

I know that Kayo is a joke,they claim it transmits 1080 but more often it’s transmitting in blurred vision!
I use Google chrome but I am lucky to get a picture without the pic.freezing!
Like most streaming services Kayo use an adaptive resolution and bitrate.

If you're not getting 1920x1080 it usually means either your hardware is struggling or internet connection is poor.

Great to beat the Storm and the hoodoo, but let’s bring it back to reality.

Anytime they applied pressure, they dropped the ball. They had key outs and were defensively weak (which we exploited well).

They also scored 2 soft tries.

At Shark Park, with Cronulla coming off a loss, this is likely to be a tougher game.

They’ll at least have a better defensive resolve than the Storm, meaning our own line will likely be challenged more often than it was the other night, and with better execution.

Theoretically we should be up to it though. Although it’s taken most of the season to really find our feet, the differences between this year’s side and last year’s grand final side are:

Taafe - Mitchell
Gagai - Tass
Reynolds - Ilias
Su’a - Moale
Host - Havili
Marshall - Nikorima

Plus the Graham injury cover at the moment.

In current form, that’s a reasonable comparison.

While ATM we are playing well and looking good I'd be more confident this week if we were not playing at Shark Park. We have a woeful record there probably only second to our trips to Melbourne.

Since 1968 we have played the Sharks there 44 times and come out winners 12 times and had one draw. Even the fabulous 1970 team got done badly there 26-6.

Our last win at Shark Park was in 2014 when we won the comp and Cronulla finished last so no big deal there. The period between 1975 and 2004 shows we came up with 3 wins and a draw, from 2005 we have won 5 out of 13 there so it's not good. I don't no what it is.

Some clubs like the roosters, Canberra, Manly, Brisbane and on one occasion St Illawrra have won there but nobody else so it's a weird thing.

Can we beat Cronulla? Yeah! Can we beat them down there? Here's hoping.

For some reason I have seen Souths play down there many times, I don't no why that is but I'll be there this Sat too with a friend from down there who's a light on Cronulla fan.

A win this week will be epic for our team and prospects.

Go the Mighty Rabbitohs!!!!

Latest posts

Back