• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Round 20: Other Matches

As RabbitJ has already said, let's keep this thread Footy related please.

A thread has been created on the Manly pride jersey debate so please, use that thread to post any other views or opinions not related to the actual games.

Thanks.

Up to 7 Manly players might pull out this week do not wanna wear the Pride Jersey due to their beliefs! Looks like if that’s the case the Rorters win easily!
Roosters get kissed on the dick here, what luck

What wrong with wearing our forum jumper

Ridiculous that the Roosters may benefit from this. Also ridiculous that Manly are happy to gamble with their season over a political statement.
It’s more than political

This may not be a bad thing for us. Currently we are 4 points clear of Manly. Their points differential is (+18) and ours is (+71). This could potentially take them out of being able to catch us.

Even if we are to lose to that would still mean they would have to win 3 more games than us to be ahead of us.

I know it would mean the Roosters would be at our heels, but having one less team to worry about could be a good thing.

Parra are a team in danger of missing the 8 as well. They have a tough draw and we have a stronger points differential to them.

The best thing for us would be to win against the Sharks and still have that 4 point gap on the chasing teams.
I agree. The main point here is to try and get rid of teams below us. This may eliminate Manly- as you say Parra are looking shaky and I keep waiting for Saints to disappear. We could be in a very good situation if we win and Saints and Manly lose.

I agree. The main point here is to try and get rid of teams below us. This may eliminate Manly- as you say Parra are looking shaky and I keep waiting for Saints to disappear. We could be in a very good situation if we win and Saints and Manly lose.
Be even better if the Raiders lose as well. They’re no guarantee against the Titans. I know they haven’t been great this year, but recent weeks have been better.

Raiders had a good win against the Storm but struggled against the Warriors last week. They have dropped games like this in recent times.

Having a 6 point gap on teams and having a superior points differential will make it almost impossible for them to catch us.

This may not be a bad thing for us. Currently we are 4 points clear of Manly. Their points differential is (+18) and ours is (+71). This could potentially take them out of being able to catch us.

Even if we are to lose to that would still mean they would have to win 3 more games than us to be ahead of us.

I know it would mean the Roosters would be at our heels, but having one less team to worry about could be a good thing.

Parra are a team in danger of missing the 8 as well. They have a tough draw and we have a stronger points differential to them.

The best thing for us would be to win against the Sharks and still have that 4 point gap on the chasing teams.
It's difficult to work out what's best for us. If we beat the Sharks and get into the race for a top four spot then it doesn't matter. If we are just in the race for the eight then Easts winning (provided the Raiders go down) is fine because that opens up a decent gap over ninth. But if the Raiders win then I prefer a Manly victory because we still have that decent points differential over them.

Let's just beat the Sharks.

Cheers

Looking at their side, Manly have their spine in tact, one really good other forward and Walker. The rest range from average to NSW Cup standard.

I fear Easts by plenty.

Cheers

Hoping Roosters go into this game with a complacent arrogant attitude that they can beat Manly with one arm tied behind their backs. One thing Des has demonstrated at every club he has coached is the siege mentality and backs against the wall 'steel' in his teams. I am sucking on a bottle of Marvo Lin bleach as I type these words because I cannot forgive the rape of Souths in 1972 by both these malevolent clubs but hoping that the depleted side do a number on the Roosters. Robbo should keep his wisdom to himself and look after his quality human beings that he has 'redeemed'. Glory, glory.

The question people should be asking is - who is Lodge going to take out this week.

Back