• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Round 20: Lower Grades

That Gagai/Thompson edge in defence is awful.. I hope this offseason is spent buying 5 outside backs

Knock-on by Hawkins when there was no pressure and then Newtown score along range try from the scrum.

Cheers

Flegg now 28-16 with a kick to come. About 9 to go.

Milne gives away a stupid penalty and gets himself on report as well.

Cheers

A comprehensive loss. But we'll be a lot better in the finals with Mamouzelos and Chee Kam back plus whoever doesn't make it into the first grade side when Sele returns and Cartwright moves to the pack.

Cheers

In the Flegg the Sharks lead has blown out to 36 - 16 so no joy there.

Cheers

Full time in Flegg. 40-16

Looking at the NSW Cup side I think we can put an improved team onto the paddock. Obviously the club has lost Host and Knight for the season and that flows through to our second string team. The absence of Nichols, Sele and Graham (leading to Cartwright not being available for the pack) further weakens things. A this stage of the season you'd expect some injuries but we have more than our fair share of forwards missing. And we can add Mamouzelos who is a huge out for us. And Chee Kam would be handy.

Hopefully come finals time we have a couple of forwards with solid first grade experience in the side as well as our hooker. That will improve things. It might also take a bit of pressure off our halves who struggled today.

Fingers crossed for a bit of luck.

Cheers

There's people that wanted Hawkins over Ilias lol
I think that was in the context of Ilias having that shocker against the Dragons. He had a pretty poor game last night even though we was behind a pack that did very well.

We cannot afford for Ilias to have two bad games out of every five.

I agree Hawkins isn't the answer and we just don't have any depth in the halves.

Cheers

Back