• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 19: Rabbitohs v Storm

Fact is we beat sharks and we can think about top 4. Lose and it’s pretty much 5th-8th where realistically 6/7 better than 5 as you’d be on opposite side to penrith

So good to beat the Storm.

I remember a few seasons back we had a great first half against them but they scored a late try close to the break to be undeservedly close. They went on to control the second half and win the game.

I was really worried that the Seve try would have the same consequence but the boys came out firing at the start of the second half which was brilliant to see.

It's the same things that was causing us to lose.

Just have to complete our sets.

Seem to be doing better at that, still a long way to go.

Some tough games coming up to round out the season. Peaking at the right time.

We were lucky to get a wobbly storm. Sharks next week will be a challenge. If we can stay injury free we will do some damage come finals time. We need a top 4 finish to have any shot at the premiership.

Could Tass be the one to drop out when Campbell returns or will it be Cartwright?

Is Latrell playing tonight ? hes touched the ball 3 times and Cameron get up em when they stuff up , lose the hugs and Hi 5's Tell em ya not happy
Don't worry I'm sure he will have a much better second half :p

I thought our performance was no more than reasonable because Melbourne were pretty poor relying on a couple of players to do the damage. Our first half completion rate was terrible and we can't afford to repeat that against sides going well.

It was pleasing to see us contest a few kicks and where we didn't to really monster the kick receiver - we are so much better then it's just Ilias who takes the kicks. No more gentle lollipops to the corners.

Cartwright filled in very well. Koloamatangi finally had a great game not just a good one but Arrow was the forward who stood out. Tom continues to do well off the bench and no matter who is on the forwards gain pretty good metres.

I'd really like to see Latrell up his involvement but maybe he is waiting until the finals.

Goal kicking might be a problem for us. It cost us the first time we met Melbourne this season.

Cheers

Can we afford to drop anyone from the bench?
Moale would be the one to go. He's only getting limited minutes and at this stage of his development while a bit of first grade is good experience he needs to play long minutes. Anyway Graham is three or so weeks away so we can afford to wait and see how things pan out.

Cheers

Latrells goal kicking was a bit of a worry the last two weeks. I know there was some hard kicks there but we need a higher percentage against the top teams.
The problem is he’s a lefty. When AJ is scoring so many down the left he just can’t shape the ball the right way. It’s why Reyno was so good from that spot. Right from the left corner.

Latest posts

Back