• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 19: Rabbitohs v Storm

That was an excellent performance. I am so happy with the effort levels of everyone on the park.

Latrell was exactly what we needed him to be. Not as flashy as the last couple of weeks but he stood up as a leader tonight. Awesome stuff.

AJ… what can you say about AJ. If he had gotten that try that he toed ahead it would have been one for the highlight reels.

Jed - what a massive performance. He sured up that right hand side and I was getting more impressed as the game wore on. Great call from JD to pull the trigger on this.

Paulo! Much improved. Well done to the young lad.

Lachlan - possibly his best performance in first grade. Kicking on point, defensively solid. Great to see him get over the line as well!

The entire forward pack was massive. Tom, Tats, Arrow, Nichols, Davvy, Murray! All had a good night.

It’s great to get a win against Melbourne!

Up the Bunnies!

Geez that was impressive. Dominant, but didn’t feel like we reached top gear in attack. Our go forward and edge defense is looking strong as we approach the finals. And I thought that was Ilias’ best game in terms of game management. Glory glory baby…

I feel like I’m in heaven walking on a cloud, voice cooked, hands clapped red raw and the Mighty Rabbitohs are back in the top 6! I’m soaking it all in gonna stay up half the night I’m oh so excited!!!

Glory Glory baby absolutely Nothing can wipe the smile off my face I had tears in my eyes at times in that second half oh so proud!

Oh man that feels so, so good!! After years of constantly having our measure, of constantly having to put up with the Storm beating us, we have finally got one over them tonight!! I couldn't be happier! It really has been a hoodoo against Melbourne so to come out and put on a performance like that, and get a win in dominant fashion is pretty damn special. Wins over the Storm don't come around too often so I'm gonna soak it all up.

What a great performance from the lads! It was tough, gritty, wasn't always pretty but the result was never really in doubt. I feel like we really dominated that contest right from the outset, and that's not something we can normally say against the Storm. We probably left a few tries out there to be honest but as I said, we were still way on top of them.

Everyone was outstanding. The pack got on top of theirs, bashed them and got a role on while the backs did the rest. Defence was particularly impressive aside from that try before halftime. But we showed some real resolve there to turn them away more often than not.

Still wasn't perfect as the attack didn't quite execute at times and I feel that we should have won by more but beggars can't be choosers! That was hands down one of our best performances of the Season!

I am so happy!

Wins like this don't come around too often so let's celebrate!

Lachlan Illias made one error from my recollection. I've watched most games this w/end and his performance was equal to if not better in regards to errors conceded and contribution to the outcome of any No 7. That's pretty bloody impressive from my way of thinking.

It was so good to see Lachy get a try that his overall performance deserved. His kicking was immaculate and he made some great tackles too.

Cartwright looked so good at right centre, and I'm sure he'll keep his spot. Will be interesting to see what JD does once Campbell is back. Switch Cartwright to left centre or keep Tass who also had a very good game.

The forward pack definitely got the better of Melbourne. The only thing that kept the Storm in the game was some invidiual moments of brilliance from their backs.

There is not a player in the game that I would swap for Latrell or Murray.
Jed will be our second rower on the bench. Basically he fills the hole that Host has left. Geez he was unreal tonight.

The problem is he’s a lefty. When AJ is scoring so many down the left he just can’t shape the ball the right way. It’s why Reyno was so good from that spot. Right from the left corner.
Except when it mattered most in last years grand final

Latest posts

Back