• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 16: Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles

Team list Tuesday babyyyy!!!!

And it's a good one this week for Round 16 against Manly! The side is pretty much as expected with Jye Gray finally making his return! Couldn't have timed it better as he returns from injury in a straight swap for Trell! How good?! I can't wait to see more of him.

The other change from last week is obviously Liam Le Blanc to make his debut from the bench in place of Cam. This is equally exciting! A quick rise but well deserved and I can't wait to see what he's got.

Otherwise, the side is unchanged, as it should be. I like it!

I just hope we can keep up the good kicking game we have had recently and also get the ball to AJ!

Surely Cody has been watching how effective Trell and Jack's kicking has been. I expect Jack to do his share of kicking and Cody to improve his.

Surely Cody has been watching how effective Trell and Jack's kicking has been. I expect Jack to do his share of kicking and Cody to improve his.

I noted, from the game after JD left, that Cody did start to employ more long kicks. The dinks to the corners were less to a point that reflected the game situation rather than a premeditated plan

Rain and wind is predicted, so if Cody or Jack can nail those floaters, it could have a major influence on the outcome. I think we win by 18+.

There is an element of biomechanics at play that means Jack and Latrell can boot it a long way….its like saying Walker has been watching The Hammer and he should now run faster…

There is an element of biomechanics at play that means Jack and Latrell can boot it a long way….its like saying Walker has been watching The Hammer and he should now run faster…
I'm not saying Cody will kick as far as Latrell or Jack because he watched them. There is no more chance of that happening than there is of losing weight by watching someone jogging. I'm suggesting more tactical kicks. A kick return does not always have to be long to be effective. Perhaps he could try a high floating bomb or he could kick higher to allow a more effective kick chase......like Trell, but obviously not as far.

Cody's kicking game is not going to change.

It hasn't for his entire career, it's always been a weak part of his game.

Having Reynolds meant we didn't really need him to be a good kicker.

Cody's kicking game is not going to change.

It hasn't for his entire career, it's always been a weak part of his game.

Having Reynolds meant we didn't really need him to be a good kicker.
I hear you but it doesn't make sense to me. If Cody can see how effective other kickers like Reno are then why hasn't he tried to expand his kicking array to include these types of kicks. We are talking about an exceptionally talented footballer. I was wondering if Cody practices these kicks at training now their is a different coach?

Keep your eye on Humpreys for Manly, #21, listed for NRL.

Rumour is we signed him for next year.

Latest posts

Back