• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Round 10: Other Matches

Seems as though the 2 games where Bennett was suspended for coaching back in 2020 have been counted on his tally. According to Rugby League Project he has only coached 897 games. If that’s the case should those games still count? They don’t for players.
Of course not.

Cheers

Seems as though the 2 games where Bennett was suspended for coaching back in 2020 have been counted on his tally. According to Rugby League Project he has only coached 897 games. If that’s the case should those games still count? They don’t for players.
It appears the NRL are saying that he wasn’t suspended, he was isolated so he was still the coach, even though he wasn’t at the games.

What about the baby Broncos one where he sent Bellamy off to coach the team? :)

Last edited:
With the draw chaos this year, the NRL should really look at adopting the US percentage model.

Works really well to give a real time look at the ladder when teams haven’t played the same amount of games.

It’s basically just wins as a percentage of games played.

Bumps Rabbits, Warriors and Dolphins up.

1 Broncos 0.778
2 Rabbitohs 0.667
3 Sharks 0.625
4 Storm 0.625
5 Roosters 0.625
6 Sea Eagles 0.563
7 Warriors 0.555
8 Dolphins 0.555
—————————
9 Panthers 0.500

With the draw chaos this year, the NRL should really look at adopting the US percentage model.

Works really well to give a real time look at the ladder when teams haven’t played the same amount of games.

1 Broncos 0.778
2 Rabbitohs 0.667
3 Sharks 0.625
4 Storm 0.625
5 Roosters 0.625
6 Sea Eagles 0.563
7 Warriors 0.555
8 Dolphins 0.555
—————————
9 Panthers 0.500
I second it.

Makes much more sense.

Write to the Man of Feathers poet…as long as he can get a gambling company to sponsor it, he’ll be all in.

It appears the NRL are saying that he wasn’t suspended, he was isolated so he was still the coach, even though he wasn’t at the games.
I did see that. I find that weird as how can you be classed as the coach when you’re not there? Anyway it’s only a minor thing.

1 Broncos 0.778
2 Rabbitohs 0.667
3 Sharks 0.625
4 Storm 0.625
5 Roosters 0.625
6 Sea Eagles 0.563
7 Warriors 0.555
8 Dolphins 0.555
—————————
9 Panthers 0.500
I don’t mind that model. By the end of the year it will work itself out anyway.

You can only go off percentages when there are no draws, otherwise you are treating draws the same as a loss

You can only go off percentages when there are no draws, otherwise you are treating draws the same as a loss
Don't think so.

Don't want to get into a maths argument with you, cause I'll lose.

But if you have played 10 games and you have won 7, your percentage is 70%.

If you've played 10 games, out of a possible 11, and got a bye, your percentage is still 70% isn't it.

A bye should be treated as a nil event game. It's stupid giving 2 points for the bye (which was different to my opinion when we were shit! 🤣).

So in the examples Poet gave. The Broncos are on 77% while we have a 67% win rate and the Panthers on 50% even though they've had a bye.

Don't think so.

Don't want to get into a maths argument with you, cause I'll lose.

But if you have played 10 games and you have won 7, your percentage is 70%.

If you've played 10 games, out of a possible 11, and got a bye, your percentage is still 70% isn't it.

A bye should be treated as a nil event game. It's stupid giving 2 points for the bye (which was different to my opinion when we were shit! 🤣).

So in the examples Poet gave. The Broncos are on 77% while we have a 67% win rate and the Panthers on 50% even though they've had a bye.
I think if you read again you’ll see @yobbo84 is talking about draws and not byes. 😉

As for they draws it would be treated as half a win. So the percentage would be if there were 7 wins and a draw after 10 games 75%.

As mentioned above a draw would be counted as half a win.

So, don’t want to get into a reading and comprehension argument either! 🤪
I think if you read again you’ll see @yobbo84 is talking about draws and not byes. 😉

As for they draws it would be treated as half a win. So the percentage would be if there were 7 wins and a draw after 10 games 75%.
What he said Yobbo! 🤣

There are massive issues at the Cowboys. The trainer of the Cowboys is the father of my close friends daughter. She was telling me that he said Todd was saying to them after the game that football isn’t their priority at the moment. I can’t see them turning anything around. Hope I’m wrong.
What would be their priority if it’s not football? I don’t understand!

Back