• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Round 1: Other Matches

You lot keeep banging on with the same nonsense. You’ve beeen provided lists of who was available and who is but failed to come up with a solution

“Who am I “

In order to extinguish any doubt about my intentions on my post.

You are, Sonic Star, exactly, to a bloody tee, the person you posted negatively about.

Furthermore, to prove my point, you will say that you aren't.

Took me like a day to stop laughing at this post when I saw who posted it.

This post is satirical yeah?

I couldn't give a toss if I'm wrong about something, but I rarely am though.

But when you're one of the smartest in the room, others who think they are but ain't will always try and knock you down, that's their ego problem, not mine.

Not to mention if someone intelligent says things that are negative towards the side, lets use the term positive police posters for example, they will hate you for posting it because to them it ruins their enjoyment because they see a guy with a good track record saying stuff like we won't make the finals and it scares them it will happen, so they will death ride your prediction and if the prediction is correct they get even more shittier because they wanted to throw it back in your face and say you were wrong.

I was one of the first people to call it last year that we were going to miss the finals while a lot on here saying no way it and it's impossible to miss the finals and that we would be fine when players like Trell return back etc but I could see much bigger issues in the side then missing a player or two. This ain't a brag that I was correct but if i did get it wrong, I would have had people let me know about it and if they did it wouldn't have bothered me the slightest because as I said, I couldn't care less if i get something wrong, I would have preferred to be wrong and just own it. But because I got it right, people get shitty at you, as if you're the reason the team didn't make it...

Also lol at your last post, if i disgree with your rubbish post, then it proves you're correct 😂 if you say so...

Just to clarify missing the finals, I ain't saying we will miss it this year, my post referred to last year, I'm yet to make a proper prediction if we will or not yet but my hopes for this season aren't high atm

Last edited:
For another laugh, if you want to know why noone takes the Dally M seriously...

Both Adam Reynolds and Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow received 1 Dally M point this round for playing some of the worst games of their careers.

Oh and Haumole Olakau'atu didn't receive anything.

Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow received 1 Dally M point this round

HAHA.

I referred to his game yesterday to a friend as his "Paul Carraige match".

You have to question whether the judges either

A) Watch the game (Ruan Sims)
B) Have much knowledge of the game

We don’t get any points for taking players with talent and not getting them to grade successfully.

If they and land Clarke, that’s a big difference maker for this side. Huge actually. He, Graham, Wighton - you fix that problem I mentioned above. But it remains to be seen if we actually get him. Another ‘close but no dice’ doesn’t help us.
Clarke would be an absolute monster bringing the ball back, he’s a tackle breaking machine. I just hope that the club keeps the inside running on getting him to make the switch. Last I heard he was being courted by Japanese Rugby and obviously more money on the table than an NRL club could match. I do think he genuinely wants to try his hand in the NRL and it’s more of a career aspiration hence the pre Christmas training stint here.

Both Adam Reynolds and Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow received 1 Dally M point this round for playing some of the worst games of their careers.

It's farking ridiculous.

The whole system needs an overhaul.

I advocate 2 judges for every game - like now - but they have to wrestle to the death to decide who's picks get up.

After 27 rounds we should have 1 person who knows what the **** they're talking about.

I want the Award voted on and ABC Grandstand pundit I once heard.

I can't remember the players names so I will simply refer to them as A, B, C and D.

He said he'd give 3 points to player A. Then went on about how he couldn't decide at first between Player B and Player C for the 2 points but went with Player B in the end...and then gave 1 point to Player D.

Now that's the MotM analysis that I can go for ;)

Did you type this article Yobbo?

Dally M judging hits farcical new low as 2024 season gets underway
The first round of votes for the 2024 Dally M medal have been locked in and fans cannot believe they’re seeing.
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/v...y/news-story/6727d13a20826dc3f71745f346edf083
COMMENT

We all recall those fateful words of Donald Trump in 2020 when he made accusations of voter fraud:
“Thousands of votes have been misappropriated in this election, but at least it isn’t as shonky as the Dally M’s.”

Wherever your allegiances lie in rugby league’s tribal landscape, we can all agree that following the events of the weekend past, the game’s premiere individual award is now certifiably cooked.
While the six point maximum awarded to Nico Hynes for his undistinguished performance in the Sharks win over the Warriors probably won’t be tried in The Hague, the one point awarded to Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow in the Dolphins 43-18 shellacking should be.
Yes, we’ve all accepted halfbacks receiving default votes, but even a sensory-dulled sloth could’ve detected enough colours and shapes on the TV on Sunday afternoon to know Tabuai-Fidow had such a shocker that the only vote he should’ve earned was if it were the Barry M’s.
You could’ve taken your pick from a long queue of performers more deserving, with Cowboys halves Tom Dearden and Chad Townsend toying with the Dolphins defence all day and Kyle Feldt running for over 200 metres and a try.

Compared this to the Hammer’s clumsy afternoon at the back which returned only the one try assist - a scuffed kick direct to the Cowboys’ Heilum Luki - and what other plausible explanation was there for the judges casting him a vote other than laziness or autocorrect?Adam Reynolds also polled a shock vote for Broncos’ loss to the Roosters in Vegas, while Joseph Manu received nothing despite playing an outstanding game.

Either way, it continues a tsunami of flak for the bedraggled gong, with many already questioning whether the voting is a meticulous process judged by the sharpest minds in the game, or just some dialled-in afterthought based on vibes and SuperCoach.
Whether criticisms over the flawed model, accusations of lazy bias or just Ruan Sims getting busted voting on a match staged at the same time she was playing, many are beginning to wonder if it’s time the winner’s medal is replaced with a gaslight.
Awarded to the game’s best and fairest, players are adjudged in Dally M voting on a number of factors such as storyline, vague plausibility and whether he has gorgeous eyes, and many other things that have little to do with actual football.

This sees playmakers disproportionately rewarded, forwards rendered virtual nobodies, and a select few enjoying a 10% hike under the Narrative Levy and Good Bloke Tariff.

While everybody loves Hynes, romping to a record haul of votes in 2022 to be virtually crowned the greatest individual season that ever was, respectfully speaking, proved the whole thing was totally off its chops.
This saw the 3-2-1 system tweaked in 2023 in favour of a two judge model in an attempt to dilute further miscarriages and the vagaries of the human mind, but this has only doubled the clangers and tripled the heat.
The fact judges were also made anonymous under these changes should’ve been a red flag in itself, with authorities obviously foreseeing a need to prevent any chance of punters bailing them up in Woolies for an explanation on why “youse robbed Junior Paulo bro.”

Of course, it’s only natural that a concept like the Dally M’s will always be surrounded by debate, as would anything that combines wildly fluctuating factors like arbitrary performance appraisal and retired props.
It’s also true that as of last census, 99.8% of fans have never played first grade, and half the time, a lot of us don’t know what we’re talking about.

However, the Venn diagram of public opinion and the judges is now barely on the same page, and it’s seen a growing stench attach itself to the award - and it’s time to fish the dead rat out of the crawlspace.
Either give each player a rating out of 10, adopt the American MVP model, or just get a bunch of talking heads and former greats together to thrash out a winner over six beers and a Chinese feed - just anything but the status quo.

Because right now, we’d get a more accurate representation on the game’s finest from Gary the Octopus or the bloke who awarded Billy Slater the Wally Lewis Medal in 2018.

Back