• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Round 1: Other Matches

We don’t get any points for taking players with talent and not getting them to grade successfully.

If they and land Clarke, that’s a big difference maker for this side. Huge actually. He, Graham, Wighton - you fix that problem I mentioned above. But it remains to be seen if we actually get him. Another ‘close but no dice’ doesn’t help us.
No…but you also can’t operate your RnR strategy based on hindsight.

There were a number of posters on here singing the praises of Karapani and Kalo Kalo (hope I’m spelling that right). Not to mention a number of people within the club with the same opinion.

I do think we could do a better job of picking our journeymen. On this we are 100% aligned.

Not sure what the definition of “elite” is but he looked elite to most judges last week
Dropped a simple grubber that led to the first try
Threw an intercept for the second..

He does some great things at fullback in the attacking zone , but makes too many mistakes and dawdles back after a kick.

Latrell was close to one of the best players on the field.

He can’t score 50 points to compensate for where we’re lacking elsewhere.

The club knows what he can do and what he can’t.

If we don’t have appropriate go-forward, that’s on the club. If our front line defence is weak, that’s on the club.

There are times when the result lies completely with the star player. The weekend was not one of those times.

Trell did his job. Others didn’t. He created enough to win us that game.

He had 4 average games at the end of last year coming back from injury. Otherwise, this form talk is nonsense. The team are playing like busteds.

So the downtown rule hasn’t even lasted round 1.

At least 3 Dolphins players in front of the play the ball then and nothing.

Dropped a simple grubber that led to the first try
Threw an intercept for the second..

He does some great things at fullback in the attacking zone , but makes too many mistakes and dawdles back after a kick.
Wow, so who is elite?

Dolphins not looking good defensively early on. Hammer has bombed a few chances. Twice didn’t pass it when he had an overlap outside him. The other time when he made a break had a player on his inside. Went for a kick instead.

Our recruitment stinks…. We have 6 origin players……roster and player talent was not the problem last year and not the problem this year…..
Rubbish Joe we can’t replace Wighton and Graham with competent players!
That stinks!
Fantasy land!
Mitch and Cody get injured who are their replacements!

The fact is we've lost one out of two games this season with something that resembles a first grade side. Head in the sand ? If we lose next week this place will be in meltdown just as it has been this week and I'll be laughing at the comments again just as I have been this week. And my heads definitely not in the sand ,it's in a very happy place and it expects our side to improve without mass changes. I'll leave it there.
We have Duckwits on here distorting whatever is said to belittle people!
We have no satisfactory replacements for at least a few players.
Mline Gags2 Kennar don’t exactly get me excited.If Cody and Mitch go down it’s Gray and Hawko.CheeKam in the centres doesn’t fill me with confidence if Tass is injured!

Last edited:
My eyes must be stuffed coz that looked 100% forward...

So nobody?
Edwards
Turbo
Walsh
Teddy

Are IMO all better all round fullbacks than Mitchell and are elite

There are other fullbacks like Gutho who I’d have at fullback every day of the week over Latrell.

Just my opinion. He’s elite in the attacking zone for sure. Probably the best , but the game of Rugby League is not all about looking flashy with the ball.

Back