• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Richo on the Bye round podcast with James Graham

Bunny Boy

Reaction score
Listening to it, I can understand why he is so good at what he does and is successful everywhere he goes.

From a Souths perspective, I hope he leaves the tigers asap because I have no doubt he can create success there - and that isnt good for us.

Last edited:
Agree. Richo is a massive fan of Richo but its an engaging listen and you get plenty of insight into how things work.
Love it! He’s the best self promoter in the business but he does do a lot of things well, like running a lean efficient football club and the rewriting of facts to pump up his tyres

Not the best judge of a coach but an all round good administrator

Love it! He’s the best self promoter in the business but he does do a lot of things well, like running a lean efficient football club and the rewriting of facts to pump up his tyres

Not the best judge of a coach but an all round good administrator

The use of the word lean really struck a chord with me.

From a sports admin perspective he really makes sense.

He has a couple fundamental principles (that are apt) and he sticks to them.

One being that you can’t assure a result, but relying on strong systems and processes gives you the best opportunity to succeed.

And two, that you need to pick the right people for the job and empower them to do that job.

Any footy club run with that overarching approach is gonna do ok over the long run.

One being that you can’t assure a result, but relying on strong systems and processes gives you the best opportunity to succeed.

And two, that you need to pick the right people for the job and empower them to do that job.

Any footy club run with that overarching approach is gonna do ok over the long run.
I actually think we still do that well at the club.

However, there's a third:

After you've empowered someone to do the job, if, despite all the resources they need, they've shown that they can't do it (or have stopped doing it), then you need to have the stones to move them on and find the next person.

Richo did it with Madge.

Who will do it now?

After you've empowered someone to do the job, if, despite all the resources they need, they've shown that they can't do it (or have stopped doing it), then you need to have the stones to move them on and find the next person.

Richo did it with Madge.

Who will do it now?
Agree we still do it well.

I’m not angry that the club haven’t sacked JD yet.

It’s still premature (despite the writing being on the wall).

The big thing for the club, will be how they navigate caretaker mode and his replacement.

Richo did it with Madge.
Well he sorta did. He resigned him when it was evident Madge was done only to sack him not long after
Who will do it now?
Russell

Rusty wasn’t happy at season’s end. But as I was informed as Rusty put it. He can no longer pull the trigger on his own

But I’m sure if this continues Rusty will be pretty persuasive in what needs to be done

You don’t start contacting Wayne unless you’re cleaning your scope

I’m guessing he finally learned from signing his mates as coaches in McCrae and Lang

Well he sorta did. He resigned him when it was evident Madge was done only to sack him not long after

Russell

Rusty wasn’t happy at season’s end. But as I was informed as Rusty put it. He can no longer pull the trigger on his own

But I’m sure if this continues Rusty will be pretty persuasive in what needs to be done

You don’t start contacting Wayne unless you’re cleaning your scope
This is what I was told also. Rusty didn’t want to be seen as a dictator and one if those owners that doesn’t listen to the wider team, but he wasn’t happy at all with JD and what transpired end of last year. But I think he will step in if this comtinues

He certainly wasn’t happy with Sam either
Possibly not with how Sam handled it at the time, but Sam has more runs on the board even before factoring how close he and Rusty will always be.

Just finished the whole podcast.

Richos take on Lattrell was interesting, but I got the impression he was definitely (for once) holding back.

There were definetely questions on LM being a team player.

Just finished the whole podcast.

Richos take on Lattrell was interesting, but I got the impression he was definitely (for once) holding back.

There were definetely questions on LM being a team player.

I listened to it and thought that was very clear.

He also intimates a full time to Accor which makes sense. Hopefully that allows us to go back to SFS either in a 50/50 split or full time.

Latest posts

Back