• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Richo on the Bye round podcast with James Graham

I listened to it and thought that was very clear.

He also intimates a full time to Accor which makes sense. Hopefully that allows us to go back to SFS either in a 50/50 split or full time.

If Richo ends up writing a book about his life in rugby league, and it isnt called "At the end of the day" id be bitterly disappointed...

Can someone remind me why Richo moved on from us again?
He mentions in the podcast he wasn’t enjoying going to the footy anymore.

Remember it was during COVID wasn’t it? The world was a bit weird all round.

I think at the time they said it was to relieve the financial strain placed on the club during that period, and that it was voluntary.

Reactions: VIP
All the talk around sacking the coach, sacking x y z player, changing recruitment, fitness coach etc etc, personally I think our #1 priority is getting Richo back full time. He sure as hell will make the hard calls (on players, coaches etc) and give JD some probably much needed truth's that I'm not sure he's getting strongly at present

I love the Pride...I really do.

When Richo was ACTUALLY at the club, everyone was asking "why's he still at the club? Sack 'im and get someone better!"

Now, when he's at the Tigers for a 6 month gig (which will be extended)...everyone be like "why haven't we got Richo? The club's incompetent. Bring back Richo!"

And if that actually happened I give it 6 months before we see the "sack Richo" posts.

When Richo was ACTUALLY at the club, everyone was asking "why's he still at the club? Sack 'im and get someone better!"

Now, when he's at the Tigers for a 6 month gig (which will be extended)...everyone be like "why haven't we got Richo? The club's incompetent. Bring back Richo!"

And if that actually happened I give it 6 months before we see the "sack Richo" posts.
I do agree that there is a contingent of fans that are doing that, but just to be clear I’ve always been a huge Richo fan. I got to work closely with him for 4-5 years during his time at the club, I got to see his dynamic with Russell, his dynamic with the admin staff and his dynamic with the football dept and playing group. He taught me a tonne and we still keep in touch occasionally to this day.

Through all of his faults, in my opinion, there’s no one I’d rather be at the helm of our club and if we were still under his rule I’d have a lot more faith in the club turning us around than what we have currently.

I do agree that there is a contingent of fans that are doing that, but just to be clear I’ve always been a huge Richo fan. I got to work closely with him for 4-5 years during his time at the club, I got to see his dynamic with Russell, his dynamic with the admin staff and his dynamic with the football dept and playing group. He taught me a tonne and we still keep in touch occasionally to this day.

Through all of his faults, in my opinion, there’s no one I’d rather be at the helm of our club and if we were still under his rule I’d have a lot more faith in the club turning us around than what we have currently.
I'm a fan of his as well, and have been for years.

I also rate Blake Solly to be clear, and think he is a great commercial operator.

No, not everyone. I never called for him to be sacked. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.
He runs rings around our current boss man

The usual suspects will run with the sack him posts for sure. Not everyone :)

It was impressive how far the sentiment turned on Richo.

There we pitchforks out from jibberers on socials in his early years at the club. Can only sign Panthers, can’t run a club, jobs for the boys, saved by PHaC and Rusty, etc.

By the time he left I felt that most had conceded he obviously knew a thing or two about his area of expertise.

I'm a fan of his as well, and have been for years.

I also rate Blake Solly to be clear, and think he is a great commercial operator.

Sorry , I used to rate him , however NOW I think he is responsible for a few of the issues with the club

1) the continued commitment to the "travelling Bunnies" has cost the team valuable stability that come with important home game "routines".

2) the decision to be part of the Las Vegas circus again was a disruption to the team in my opinion. I have been a critic since announced . Panthers And Storm were SMART ( also how many times do they play their home games aways from home?)

3) the management of recruitment /developing. teams is suspect given our table standing of ALL our teams

4) The Final straw for mine , I have been dummy spitting since last NRL decision on the WNRL , failing to get a woman's teams into the WNRL for 2025

He needs to go

He mentions in the podcast he wasn’t enjoying going to the footy anymore.

Remember it was during COVID wasn’t it? The world was a bit weird all round.

I think at the time they said it was to relieve the financial strain placed on the club during that period, and that it was voluntary.
Thanks ppls, that rings a bell.

Back