• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Politics and satire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see the attitudes towards Invasion Day are changing.
Apparently some people do think like me.

Last edited:
I remember reading about a Jewish family in Warsaw. The SS came and threw them out on the street and put in an Aryan type Polish family. All the Jewish family was sent off to concentration camps. All but one died. The one remaining member came back to their house and knocked on the door. He explained to the family in the house that this was his house and it had been forcibly taken off his family by the Nazis.
The Polish family told him to f### off and slammed the door in his face.
Human history is full of hundreds of thousands of stories just like that.

Imagine that attitude on the scale of a massive country like Australia instead of just a house.

It really gives some perspective.

Imagine that attitude on the scale of a massive country like Australia instead of just a house.

It really gives some perspective.
Yes , humans are really sh##. you could come across 1000s of examples of indigenous populations being destroyed, borders changing after wars ALL around the world, in EVERY country. In England the number of brutal invaders up to 1066 is breathtaking. I have an encyclopedia of maps from about 1930. The change in the worlds political maps is incredible. Brutal invasions. Germany lost so much territory to Poland. But Poland lost territory to the Ukraine.
Trying to make everything fair again, impossible. Monsters murdering millions, raping women on mass. Are the Japanese people today responsible for the Comfort women other than accepting that horror happened.
I remember watching a railway show about Bolivia and Chile. They had a war. Bolivia had no chance and Chile just took over valuable resources. Now just history.
Solution. I just don't know.

The solution Chelsea, is to keep looking forward and not demanding reparations for the past
starting with the children and NOT dragging them off to protest marches and thrusting posters, pushing violence, into their hands

The housing crisis we're in is due to Howard halving the Capital Gains Tax on investment properties. That's not just me saying that.
There has been high immigration since Covid due to people that had visas approved during Covid have been coming in since Covid. Labor have said they are going to reduce immigration. They should have been on that a bit earlier I agree.
Power prices are up for a variety of reasons but governments have a published energy policy so that industry can invest confidently. Do you know what the LNP's policy was for the 9 years they were in power? Don't bother checking, because they didn't have one. So not enough investment in the energy sector.
Labor tried to do something about negative gearing at the 2019 election and the electorate (most of whom don't own an investment property) sent them a clear message. Personally I think they need to get rid of negative gearing on any future purchases of established homes, but who am I.
And, Labor has a bill that they tried to get through that involved investing over $10 billion in public housing. The LNP voted against it, and the Greens wanted more money, so it didn't go through.
Labor is by no means perfect but at least they try stuff.
The LNP just want to keep the status quo (they are conservative after all). The only thing they did in 9 years is grow the deficit from $165 billion to $950 billion.
This 💯

Very well said.

The solution Chelsea, is to keep looking forward and not demanding reparations for the past
starting with the children and NOT dragging them off to protest marches and thrusting posters, pushing violence, into their hands
Agree.

The past is good for one thing only, to learn from, so that we can have a brighter future.

Last edited:
What do they call the big push from Govt?, "closing the gap" i believe, ie be more prosperous, get ahead, have healthy happy families, be less reliant on govt handouts, less domestic violence and child abuse, how does telling a people they were robbed help, how does telling a people we all owe them rent forever just being here, instilling hate in the kids means nothing will change no matter what side of the fence your on, being people of color has not been a barrier to people from India, Sri Lanka, China, Africa, if we are fair dinkum re closing the gap it cant be by compensation , rent or any other "rainbow serpent" type handout.

Yes , humans are really sh##. you could come across 1000s of examples of indigenous populations being destroyed, borders changing after wars ALL around the world, in EVERY country. In England the number of brutal invaders up to 1066 is breathtaking. I have an encyclopedia of maps from about 1930. The change in the worlds political maps is incredible. Brutal invasions. Germany lost so much territory to Poland. But Poland lost territory to the Ukraine.
Trying to make everything fair again, impossible. Monsters murdering millions, raping women on mass. Are the Japanese people today responsible for the Comfort women other than accepting that horror happened.
I remember watching a railway show about Bolivia and Chile. They had a war. Bolivia had no chance and Chile just took over valuable resources. Now just history.

I am not sure there is an answer.

I do know a good start would be for acknowledgeing the suffering of those who were the victims and not pushing the denial train.

I can't imagine how hurtful it must be for Jews to hear someone like David Irving saying the holocaust was a lie, or a country that has been occupied by force was not invaded, or gassing people didn't matter because "I was only following orders".

Unless both sides can recognise the problem, and it is ongoing, it can never be solved.

Last edited:
Quite right. You cannot condemn Japanese or German children for the horrors and crimes their grandparents committed. But you can accept and learn that these horrors happened. I believe we as a nation, generally, ( I know there are exceptions but there are neo Nazis in Germany still) accept that horrible things happened but we need to make sure that all Australians , whether they have been here for 20000 years or two years are treated with the same amount of respect and equally under the law.
'I have a dream.......'

I am not sure there is an answer.

I do know a good start would be for acknowledgeing the suffering of those who were the victims and not pushing the denial train.

I can't imagine how hurtful it must be for Jews to hear someone like David Irving saying the holocaust was a lie, or a country that has been occupied by force was not invaded, or gassing people didn't matter because "I was only following orders".

Unless both sides can recognise the problem, and it is ongoing, it can never be solved.
I saw a terrible program tonight
Ukraine 1942
A Jewish girl- My brother was buried alive- he was 7............................

The solution imo is to have an educated electorate and a media that has integrity (which we don’t have),talking about children without looking at the parents is absurd!
This country named two doctors for their work on melanoma,not a used car salesman on OZ day.This country over the years has been progressive more so than some other countries.
Having neo Nazis in black uniforms waltzing around on OZ day is not my idea of progress!
Hitler gained control of Germany in an election,thus the education system and brainwashing of the people!😡

I saw a terrible program tonight
Ukraine 1942
A Jewish girl- My brother was buried alive- he was 7............................
I saw a UTube doco re the slaughter of Russian civilians in WW2,tells the story of a little girl and how many of her family were killed.
State sponsored barbarism!

Have you ever considered the number of wars the English have been in since 1066.The Normans purged the country of Celts and Saxons
The only country they haven’t fought with is Antarctica!

What do they call the big push from Govt?, "closing the gap" i believe, ie be more prosperous, get ahead, have healthy happy families, be less reliant on govt handouts, less domestic violence and child abuse, how does telling a people they were robbed help, how does telling a people we all owe them rent forever just being here, instilling hate in the kids means nothing will change no matter what side of the fence your on, being people of color has not been a barrier to people from India, Sri Lanka, China, Africa, if we are fair dinkum re closing the gap it cant be by compensation , rent or any other "rainbow serpent" type handout.
Put a sock in your vilification of our indigenous people please!
Just go away!

You really are that thick you cant see its not vilification but the way our FN people move forward and close the gap, and this is a thread i started so you go away, 4 posts today and half again have been about ancient wars and Nazis , something really very wrong with you, the same guy who points the finger for abuse is the forums worst, ie Sutto made a reasonable post yesterday re kids and bang your abusing him, what a hero..
Put a sock in your vilification of our indigenous people please!
Just go away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back