• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Polar Ice headlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Germany is going great guns with green energy, NOT, now they are telling them not to shower to save energy.
As for lismore?, they have been having big floods long before the place was ever called Lismore.
Well, there is a war in Europe, so I doubt Germany accounted for that in their transition.

Australia is a land of drought and rain, but this has been getting worse; more unpredictable. We recently had years of drought here in Brisbane where our water supply was in the low 40% followed by the biggest deluge of rain I've ever seen. At my place we had over 300ml, for 3 days in a row, a metre of rain in three days!
The fires we had during the drought were unprecedented, although we have had bad fires in the past.

It is food security which worries me as much as anything. I was brought up on the land and am acutely aware of how dependent we are on stable water and weather.

If you insure your car even though history shows you will never be in an accident why wouldn't you insure the planet?

Well, there is a war in Europe, so I doubt Germany accounted for that in their transition.

Australia is a land of drought and rain, but this has been getting worse; more unpredictable. We recently had years of drought here in Brisbane where our water supply was in the low 40% followed by the biggest deluge of rain I've ever seen. At my place we had over 300ml, for 3 days in a row, a metre of rain in three days!
The fires we had during the drought were unprecedented, although we have had bad fires in the past.

It is food security which worries me as much as anything. I was brought up on the land and am acutely aware of how dependent we are on stable water and weather.
Records keep getting broken for extreme weather all around the world. Yet some will still try to tell us that this is all perfectly normal and there's nothing to see here.

It's ideology and culture wars blindness and nothing more.

Records keep getting broken for extreme weather all around the world. Yet some will still try to tell us that this is all perfectly normal and there's nothing to see here.

It's ideology and culture wars blindness and nothing more.
Nothing australia does will change anything is the pertinent point. ;)

Nothing australia does will change anything is the pertinent point. ;)
False.

“The truth is that this is a global problem that will require a global solution,” Mr Merzian told news.com.au. “We can’t shy away from that. It requires co-operation."

Another common argument is that Australia is a such a small part of the global emissions context that anything done here would have no impact.

Mr Merzian disputed that assertion.

“In terms of total emissions, we’re in the top 10 per cent globally,” Mr Merzian said.

“When it comes to global rankings, when you look at all of the countries in the world, Australia is the 14th largest emitter out of 196 parties to the Paris agreement.

“When the Prime Minister says Australia is only 1.3 per cent of global emissions … that’s fanciful. Australia is so high compared to the majority of other countries, per capita.

“But per capita aside, there are 40 countries with larger populations that have lower emissions than Australia does.”

And another major criticism from opponents of climate action is that Australia’s efforts are pointless while China sits on its hands.

In reality, the world superpower is positioning itself to lead on climate change, says Kelly Sims Gallagher, Professor of Energy and Environmental Policy and Director of the Centre for International Environment and Resource Policy at The Fletcher School at Tufts University.

“We study many aspects of China’s energy and climate policy, including industrial energy efficiency and reforestation,” Ms Gallagher wrote in The Conversation.

“Our analysis indicates that if China fully executes existing policies and finishes reforming its electric power sector into a market-based system, its carbon dioxide emissions are likely to peak well before its 2030 target.

Although, it has kept building coal plants alongside its investment in renewables, showing there’s much work to be done."
----------------------------------
What? Scomo caught out telling fibs? Who would have thought? 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
It's true, even europe is burning more coal and Albo has no plans to stop coal exports.......he's not telling the truth if he says he is.

If europe was worried about the drought and man-made climate change then they wouldn't be burning more coal.

It's true, even europe is burning more coal and Albo has no plans to stop coal exports.......he's not telling the truth if he says he is.

If europe was worried about the drought and man-made climate change then they wouldn't be burning more coal.
You continue to distort things to suit your biased views. Europe is dealing with Putin going off the reservation and have to make relatively short to medium term adjustments as a result. Albo and the Labor Party have just been elected on a long term 43% emissions reduction target and what happens in the relatively near future doesn't alter that. Stop the fibs.

Also, I've added to my post above that you have quoted here and from your favourite news service no less! :D

You continue to distort things to suit your biased views. Europe is dealing with Putin going off the reservation and have to make relatively short to medium term adjustments as a result. Albo and the Labor Party have just been elected on a long term 43% emissions reduction target and what happens in the relatively near future doesn't alter that. Stop the fibs.

Also, I've added to my post above that you have quoted here and from your favourite news service no less! :D
You are dreaming Mega, australia can't change anything and the EU are just a bunch of deluded hypocrites, coal will be powering countries for years to come.

News.com is not one of my favourite websites.

You are dreaming Mega, australia can't change anything and the EU are just a bunch of deluded hypocrites, coal will be powering countries for years to come.

News.com is not one of my favourite websites.
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump speaks to media mogul Rupert Murdoch as they walk out of Trump International Golf Links in Aberdeen Scotland, June 25, 2016.  REUTERS/Carlo Allegri/File Photo

You love em both, admit it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back