• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Paris Peace Conference 1919.

im sure the people of the UK and Europe have little interest in what happened in Africa 200 years ago,
See again, factually incorrect.

Europeans have been involved in African politics, particularly in the North West of the continent up to and including today (and will be tomorrow).

The Russians have also got themselves involved, because the French wouldn’t support a particular political item (as it wouldn’t make them money) in the last 10 years.

This is not “ancient history”, this is the direct result of European and US “involvement” in the African continent over the course of the 20th and 21st century.

You may have heard of the Arab Spring, as one example.
they do however care greatly re the hundreds of millions who might attempt to gatecrash their countries
Exaggeration.
Which doesn’t help.
The situation is complex and exaggerations aren’t helpful.
and the effect it would have on their lives, and might i add resource companies of which ive owned many over the years provide both jobs and cash for economies in Africa,
Factually incorrect.
Do your research. There are countless articles written about foreign resource companies raping the resources of countries in Africa, returning a pittance to the Countries and employing few local people.
i myself will not now touch any company operating in Africa, you burn you learn!, you say my argument had " flaws", that is your opinion and i am really not interested, i bet the people dealing with the influx of illegal immigrants coming in on rubber dingies would not be interested in your argument either..
I will guarantee you they aren’t interested in my opinion. I wouldn’t give it to them in the first place.

Their knowledge of this multi-faceted tragedy would dwarf mine. Not to mention that there are people in Europe and the UK who have been dealing with this thorny issues for decades and have successfully (in the most part) navigated them.

(You see refugees aren’t a new phenomenon. Been happening for hundreds, if not thousands of years).

I’m just here to point out the factual flaws and misinformation in your arguments.

Keep posting them, and I’ll keep pointing ’em out.

Your long winded essay on cause and effect is pointless, and again you try and big note by sly insults, does it make you feel bigger?, and the people of the UK and Europe just want it stopped, illegal immigration in those numbers cannot be sustained, the UN refugee agreement useful in war time is now obsolete, you somehow seem to think i care re happenings 200 years ago re Africa.
See again, factually incorrect.

Europeans have been involved in African politics, particularly in the North West of the continent up to and including today (and will be tomorrow).

The Russians have also got themselves involved, because the French wouldn’t support a particular political item (as it wouldn’t make them money) in the last 10 years.

This is not “ancient history”, this is the direct result of European and US “involvement” in the African continent over the course of the 20th and 21st century.

You may have heard of the Arab Spring, as one example.

Exaggeration.
Which doesn’t help.
The situation is complex and exaggerations aren’t helpful.

Factually incorrect.
Do your research. There are countless articles written about foreign resource companies raping the resources of countries in Africa, returning a pittance to the Countries and employing few local people.

I will guarantee you they aren’t interested in my opinion. I wouldn’t give it to them in the first place.

Their knowledge of this multi-faceted tragedy would dwarf mine. Not to mention that there are people in Europe and the UK who have been dealing with this thorny issues for decades and have successfully (in the most part) navigated them.

(You see refugees aren’t a new phenomenon. Been happening for hundreds, if not thousands of years).

I’m just here to point out the factual flaws and misinformation in your arguments.

Keep posting them, and I’ll keep pointing ’em out.

Last edited:
Your long winded essay on cause and effect is pointless, and again you try and big note by sly insults, does it make you feel bigger?, and the people of the UK and Europe just want it stopped, illegal immigration in those numbers cannot be sustained, the UN refugee agreement useful in war time is now obsolete, you somehow seem to think i care re happenings 200 years ago re Africa.
I will continue to point out where you, or other posters aren't using facts in your posts.
I'm over people distorting facts, repeating misinformation, or posting outright lies and then getting upset when they are challenged on it.

As an example, please provide the evidence for "the people of the UK and Europe just want it stopped...". I'm sure that a large number of them do "just want it stopped", and - like you - probably don't want to spend the time in understanding the causes. But to make a sweeping generalisation like that without evidence, is part of the problem.

Also, please point out where I have said that the current refugee crisis in Western Europe (predominantly) isn't an issue. I have called it a tragedy and a major problem a number of times. Populist proclamations like "shoot them" or "dump them back in Libya" won't solve this problem. Haven't in the past and won't this time.

And if you think me calling you out for posting inflammatory statements, misinformation and outright lies is "sly insults", then you need to harden up.

There ain't nothing sly about it.

Being a forum for views and opinions I have an opinion on African migration to Europe, I don’t have to care re issues going back centuries and to be honest I don’t, lots of bad things happened 200 years ago and to be honest I am not interested, what happened 200 years ago cant be used as an excuse for illegal immigration, im sure you impress yourself by elongating an issue re cause and effect but for mine I am more interested in this case on the effect on those people in countries the immigrants are heading to, that’s my opinion and I bet a few in the UK and Europe share it.
I will continue to point out where you, or other posters aren't using facts in your posts.
I'm over people distorting facts, repeating misinformation, or posting outright lies and then getting upset when they are challenged on it.

As an example, please provide the evidence for "the people of the UK and Europe just want it stopped...". I'm sure that a large number of them do "just want it stopped", and - like you - probably don't want to spend the time in understanding the causes. But to make a sweeping generalisation like that without evidence, is part of the problem.

Also, please point out where I have said that the current refugee crisis in Western Europe (predominantly) isn't an issue. I have called it a tragedy and a major problem a number of times. Populist proclamations like "shoot them" or "dump them back in Libya" won't solve this problem. Haven't in the past and won't this time.

And if you think me calling you out for posting inflammatory statements, misinformation and outright lies is "sly insults", then you need to harden up.

There ain't nothing sly about it.

Being a forum for views and opinions I have an opinion on African migration to Europe, I don’t have to care re issues going back centuries and to be honest I don’t, lots of bad things happened 200 years ago and to be honest I am not interested, what happened 200 years ago cant be used as an excuse for illegal immigration, im sure you impress yourself by elongating an issue re cause and effect but for mine I am more interested in this case on the effect on those people in countries the immigrants are heading to, that’s my opinion and I bet a few in the UK and Europe share it.
You keep mentioning 200 years.

I've pointed out a few times that the interference of Europe and North America (and to a somewhat lesser extent the UK) in the African continent, particularly in North Western Africa (with their mineral wealth) are in THIS century and the latter part of the 20th century. And this interference is ongoing.

You can't on one hand cry about the influx of refugees, while simultaneously ignoring that many of the countries being impacted are directly responsible for the causes of this.

And just to correct another piece of misinformation. Refugees - by definition and by treaties signed by the countries you seem so worried about - are not illegal immigrants. It's another inflammatory piece of misinformation first used in this country by John Howard when he was desperately seeking to hold onto power.

Back