• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Oh for a quiet journey on public transport

HarryofOz

Grand Master
Reaction score
I love my smartphone but bloody hell remember the good old days when one could travel on public transport in relative peace and quiet without hearing people yelling into their phones, or even worse using their phones on speaker and without hearing people playing their games, and videos and vodcasts and podcasts and streamed shows so loudly that you can hear them at the other end of the carriage.

FFS.

You're getting old bro.

Nothing has really changed.

View attachment 2242
I loved this, so true. The Mirror and The Sun would be afternoon papers and you could just pick it up to read on the train. Might even have a nice page 3 girl. They had different editions. On Saturday the first edition would have a pregame sum up, second one would have scores up to half time and late one after the full time.

I loved this, so true. The Mirror and The Sun would be afternoon papers and you could just pick it up to read on the train. Might even have a nice page 3 girl. They had different editions. On Saturday the first edition would have a pregame sum up, second one would have scores up to half time and late one after the full time.
One paper for the morning trip to work and one for the arvo trip home and Big League or RLW to mix it up. Also Tracks magazine was a good read.

I am sure I still remember Elle as a page 3 girl in the Daily Mirror.

On the arvo I went for some culturally uplifting literature such as a MAD magazine.

I recall racing my brother to the latest Mad Magazine so I could do the fold in inside back cover.
They were so cleverly done.

Latest posts

Back