• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

NRL Grand Final: Panthers v Broncos

Actually, I retract my comment about the forward pack being the biggest area of improvement for us.

The #1 area we need to focus on is or completion.

97% in a GF is just unbelievable
I’d be happy if we got it above 75% for most games.
He had like 29 try assists in 2022 and halfback of the year. Sounds like he was playing ok.
I didn’t know last year was the only other year he played NSW Cup. Also as I have pointed out plenty of times already it’s his defence that has been his biggest issue. Defence is a big part of the game as well.

Last night there was a total of 5 penalties awarded 3&2

Once again the whistle gets put away at the pointy end of the season

You’re right it was ridiculous and pissed me off no end. One tackle a panther (Kenny?) got smashed in the head with a shoulder and the ref said “no worries it was an accident,play on”🤮🤮
All year blokes have been sent to the bin for accidental forceful contact 🤬🤬🤬🤬

We can only go bY the stats. I was actually impressed by his defence on the weekend. They are hard to compare due to different grades but in nrl Dean has only played 2 games. So in nrl

Lachie 86.4
Dean 83.7

Deans drops in reserves to 81.6
Fact is though we can estimate he wouldnt be far off lachies stats in defence and may add to our structure and kicking. We won't know until he gets a go.

We can only go bY the stats. I was actually impressed by his defence on the weekend. They are hard to compare due to different grades but in nrl Dean has only played 2 games. So in nrl
His defence especially throughout the finals has really improved. The whole team did. I actually wish that our NRL side played with the same attitude in defence they did at the back end of the season.

Hawkins is a good reserve grade player, and that’s his ceiling imo. The club has seen plenty of him and so have other clubs and you would have to assume he’s taken the best contract on offer which (and I hope for the love of god it was a low ball offer) was a 1 year deal.

I’ve seen one poster, who I won’t name, suggest he’d have Hawkins over Walker. You can’t make this stuff up! And no prizes for guessing which pride personality suggested that doozy.

All we can say about Hawkins now is that there is literally nothing more that he can do in reggies to earn a shot at the NRL.

If he were to play 4-5 consecutive NRL games at 7 with our core spine then we'll know for sure if he's up to the NRL or not.

The only way we win next season is if we get Reynolds back or play wighton in the halves.

Reynolds was the only player capable going toe to toe with Cleary.

We would have been bashed 50 nil.

We have no kicking game what so ever.

I feel like we need a clean out. Too much nepotism in the club.
Never got beat by 50+ this year What ya talkin about mate 😀

The whole Hawkins at 5/8 performance thing is a write off.

The side vs the Dogs had Taafe at the back, Kenner in the centres, Havili at hooker, Lovett and Milne in the backrow, and Shaq at 13 (well, that’s what we named). A rabble of a side.

If we’re using that performance as some sort of isolated job interview, and ignoring the Parra game the year before with a full strength side where he did good at 7, then we’ve really lost the plot.

So our 18 year old winger needs to bulk up and do the tough carries while Aj gets his leave pass for another year?

That’s ridiculous

You don’t win premierships with passengers and that’s exactly what Aj is.

If he’s in the best two wingers in the club, then out of necessity he should hold his spot, but it’s a poor representation of our wing depth if this remains the case

Like I stated previously watching the opposed sessions at the back end of the year Munro was schooling Aj.

He was beating him for pace, beating him in the air and beating him defensively

Before Mellars was injured he was ahead of Munro in Ball, he was better in the air, stronger runner of the ball and stronger defensively. The kid is the same size as Sualii.Seeing Munro handle it gives me confidence Mellars will as well

Want to send a message to the playing group? Then drop an established first grader and fan favourite who’s absence won’t affect performance

JD needs to send the message that it’s a new year and everyone is playing for their spot
Why are you so biased against AJ ?

Back