• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

NRL Grand Final: Panthers v Broncos

He is absolutely spot on. Point out where he was wrong
Bud he’s tried it once and his stats supported my argument

This is the same bloke who not long ago was defending JDs win/loss ratio against Bennetts while he was our head coach

He also likes resorting to name calling when called out.

I’m surprised he’s allowed to post while riding on the short bus

Munro certainly looks the goods his self confidence is a big plus too!
AJ will hold his spot I believe!
How much weight could we expect Tyrone to add to his tall frame?

I read he is 85kg if that is correct. Maybe 5..6kg? I guess it depends on how hard he works in the gym and his nutrition.

Bud he’s tried it once and his stats supported my argument

This is the same bloke who not long ago was defending JDs win/loss ratio against Bennetts while he was our head coach

He also likes resorting to name calling when called out.

I’m surprised he’s allowed to post while riding on the short bus

LOL, you're wrong.

Funny the lies you come up with. You don’t quote me at all yet look at the post above that you quoted me on?

Never once was there any name calling. But it’s not like you to make shit up is it? Like the time you slandered me saying that I was aggressive to you.

It’s funny how anyone that ever disagrees with you is wrong. This place is so much better when you’re not on here.
Lol to your deceit
You have no conscience!
I have been suspended three times in the last couple of months with little explanation.Or any right of reply?Is that your doings?
My thread re Walsh v Churchill was moved to other R.L.,Where it remains obscured!
Clive Churchill in other RL.?.Being one of the few people left on here to see Clive play it’s obvious what your agenda is

Last edited:
I guess you didn’t watch the first half of the season when we were coming second last? Or maybe you just want to ignore it?

What does his poor defence playing in the halves have to do with him being played out of position? To me it doesn’t matter if he was playing halfback or 5/8th. His defence was poor.

When the game was on the line against the Dogs he had the chance to win it for us if he just went through the hands. Instead he put a poor kick and that was our final chance to win. Again nothing to do with being halfback or 5/8th as he was first receiver there.

What I noticed though from last weeks game and I mentioned it after the game that he learnt from that when the game was on the line and he set up the winning try.

I don’t think I have ever denied about his form during the finals as I have said he grew another leg.

To say he wasn’t playing for another contract is just silly. He literally didn’t have a contract. There was talk about Willie Peters wanting him over there. But he didn’t have a contract with us. His form from the back end of the season and more so the finals earned him another contract.

Think you're being to harsh on Hawkins for our poor season form in the first half of the comp.

He was only involved in 3 losses in the first 11 rounds.

One of those we were winning before he went off injured.

He missed rounds 1 and 2, we had the bye in round 5, got injured during round 6 and went off and never came back and missed round 7

His start of the season was disruptive.

As for his first grade perfomances, not like he had the chance to play along side Cody or other A list players, we had lots of key outs when he was given his shots.

But points was never an issue in those games, defence and poor goal kicking was costly.

I'm not saying if Hawkins is picked at half back, we end up winning some of those games we lost but at the end of the day he hasn't had much first grade experience and when he has been given a shot, played out of position.

Illias has been given 50 games at half back now, I'm not sure he will get any better to what he is now.

Personally I don't see either players as the answer but I think currently out of the two Hawkins edges out Illias purely on kicking game and that is more valuable than what Illias offers to the side

Think you're being to harsh on Hawkins for our poor season form in the first half of the comp.

He was only involved in 3 losses in the first 11 rounds.

One of those we were winning before he went off injured.

He missed rounds 1 and 2, we had the bye in round 5, got injured during round 6 and went off and never came back and missed round 7

His start of the season was disruptive.

As for his first grade perfomances, not like he had the chance to play along side Cody or other A list players, we had lots of key outs when he was given his shots.

But points was never an issue in those games, defence and poor goal kicking was costly.

I'm not saying if Hawkins is picked at half back, we end up winning some of those games we lost but at the end of the day he hasn't had much first grade experience and when he has been given a shot, played out of position.

Illias has been given 50 games at half back now, I'm not sure he will get any better to what he is now.

Personally I don't see either players as the answer but I think currently out of the two Hawkins edges out Illias purely on kicking game and that is more valuable than what Illias offers to the side
Not being harsh on him as this wasn’t just from this year, but years of playing at NSW Cup level. Just didn’t have it.

In the games I saw of him he was well down on form. He wasn’t alone there. But defensively he struggled. Which has been his Achilles heel.

As I have stated quite a bit over the last few weeks his form has started to turn my opinion of him. He seemed to be better defensively, but still a concern. His finals campaign was great. Something I haven’t seen from him since watching him play.

Him playing out of position though had nothing to do with poor defence. Again against the Dogs he had the chance to win the game for us by going through the hands. Instead did a poor kick.

Again I have made mention how he was in the same sort of scenario in the GF last weekend and came up trumps. Shows me he learnt from that.

He has now put himself in the picture. Ilias now has more pressure than ever before. I still think JD will start with him, but he will no doubt be put on notice.

Ilias can get better. But we all know he needs to improve on his back end of the season. Otherwise Dean will be our halfback.

How much weight could we expect Tyrone to add to his tall frame?

I read he is 85kg if that is correct. Maybe 5..6kg? I guess it depends on how hard he works in the gym and his nutrition.

Munro does not need to pack on too much size too quickly.

His problem isn't collisions or physicality. He does very well in this area for a young teenager. It's why he accelerated straight past NSW Cup into first grade so quickly. The coaches all saw he could handle it.

He can add another 5kg of lean muscle mass over the next few years like Campbell Graham did. But he doesn't need to bulk up in a hurry, imo.

Keep him lean and deadly.

Not sure if it has been previously mentioned

Last night there was a total of 5 penalties awarded 3&2

Once again the whistle gets put away at the pointy end of the season

If we are going to reverse our fortunes next year apart from fitness. learning to wrestle harder and getting off our line quicker must be paramount

Along with moving away from relying on penalties to gain field position for attacking shades

JD needs a new playbook. Because the one Wayne left him has been out of date for a while now

His problem isn't collisions or physicality. He does very well in this area for a young teenager. It's why he accelerated straight past NSW Cup into first grade so quickly. The coaches all saw he could handle it.

He can add another 5kg of lean muscle mass over the next few years like Campbell Graham did. But he doesn't need to bulk up in a hurry, imo.

He got a good frame but running technique is just as important as size.

All our backs need to learn how to use their body and leg drive effectively.

How small backs at penriff do it, stay low to the ground and leg drive, know how to use their centre of gravity to their advantage and I believe this is something that is taught or trained for there as each back that comes in does the same thing regardless of size.

Get ourselves a running coach or something

Not worth responding to yet here you are. So a moderator can’t contribute to the forum? Agitating? Only one person does that here. I think many would agree with me.

If you can’t handle someone having a differing opinion than you then a forum isn’t for you. All you have is name calling and trying to insult people.

Thrown in the deep end at 5/8th? I don’t know, but the fundamentals of the game like tackling and catching the ball shouldn’t matter if he was on the left or right side.

Again I see you’re not good at your comprehensive skills. His first half of the season had everything to do with why he wasn’t given a shot this year.

So you’re not interested in my version of debate then don’t quote me in future.
I am not iinterested in arguing incessantly with anyone you have set the tone with your belligerence?
Life is too short!

I am not iinterested in arguing incessantly with anyone you have set the tone with your belligerence?
Life is too short!
Go and send another complaint to one of the other Mods again why don’t you how you are the victim.

Funny how you send a complaint how you are being picked on yet you decide to keep it going. Stop acting the victim. You are the problem.

Actually, I retract my comment about the forward pack being the biggest area of improvement for us.

The #1 area we need to focus on is or completion.

97% in a GF is just unbelievable

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231002_174230_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20231002_174230_Instagram.jpg
    708.9 KB · Views: 4
Not being harsh on him as this wasn’t just from this year, but years of playing at NSW Cup level. Just didn’t have it.

In the games I saw of him he was well down on form. He wasn’t alone there. But defensively he struggled. Which has been his Achilles heel.

As I have stated quite a bit over the last few weeks his form has started to turn my opinion of him. He seemed to be better defensively, but still a concern. His finals campaign was great. Something I haven’t seen from him since watching him play.

Him playing out of position though had nothing to do with poor defence. Again against the Dogs he had the chance to win the game for us by going through the hands. Instead did a poor kick.

Again I have made mention how he was in the same sort of scenario in the GF last weekend and came up trumps. Shows me he learnt from that.

He has now put himself in the picture. Ilias now has more pressure than ever before. I still think JD will start with him, but he will no doubt be put on notice.

Ilias can get better. But we all know he needs to improve on his back end of the season. Otherwise Dean will be our halfback.
He had like 29 try assists in 2022 and halfback of the year. Sounds like he was playing ok.

I hate when these freak athletes bulk up. Hayne, GI, latrell, barba where all better running footballers when they were lean

You don’t win premierships with passengers and that’s exactly what Aj is.

Sorry we’ll have to just disagree. I find that statement abhorrent, ignorant, lacking football intellect and so far off the mark it’s not funny 😵‍💫

Latest posts

Back