• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Next half back up?

Good call sorry.
I’ve been told too many times to listen to all the conversation, not part of it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I hope he goes in the halves too.
We might not have much choice hey.
I’ve never seen an injury list this long before.
And even more so, an injury list this bad that is totally ignored by the media.
Our injuries are beyond ridiculous. We seem to lose players nearly every week and have often ended the game down on troops.

And even more so, an injury list this bad that is totally ignored by the media.
Just a few weeks ago we were told how hard the Roosters had it not being able to field a full strength side since those last GF win.

Funnily enough though every week we see injury lists of every team and very rare to see that list on any side empty.

Tell me there aren’t agendas in the media.

The latest was one where after our game it was like the journalist was trying to talk Wayne out of coming to us. Ironically that would only make Wayne do the opposite.

It might be the most rotten coincidence ever, but it looks like the side aren’t prepared for the rigours of an NRL season.

As best as I can keep track…

2024 Injury Unavailability By Round

Round 1 - Manly L
Wighton (Susp)
Graham - Sternum
Munro - Collarbone
Thompson - Calf
Lovett
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
Mellars
Le Blanc

Round 2 - Broncos L
Wighton (Susp)
Arrow - Shoulder
Graham - Sternum
Munro - Collarbone
Thompson - Calf
Lovett
β€”β€”β€”β€”-
Fletcher
Mellars
Le Blanc

Round 3 - Roosters L
Arrow - Shoulder
Graham - Sternum
Munro - Collarbone
Lovett
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
Mellars
Le Blanc

Round 4 - Dogs W
Arrow - Shoulder
Graham - Sternum
Munro - Collarbone
Lovett
β€”β€”β€”β€”-
Mellars
Le Blanc

Round 5 - Warriors L
Arrow - Shoulder
Graham - Sternum
Johnston - Hamstring
S Mitchell - (Concussion)
Havili -
Munro - Collarbone
Lovett
β€”β€”β€”β€”
Fletcher
Mellars
Le Blanc

Round 6 - Sharks L
Arrow - Shoulder
Graham - Sternum
Johnston - Hamstring
Mitchell - Suspended
Ilias - Tibia Fracture
Lovett
β€”β€”β€”β€”
Fletcher
Mellars
Le Blanc

In Game: Munro (Collarbone Early)
In Game: Tatola (Ankle Early)
In Game: Murray (Concussion Mid-game)

Round 7: Bye

Round 8: Storm L

Graham - Sternum
Johnston - Hamstring
Mitchell - Suspended
Ilias - Tibia Fracture
Munro - Collarbone
Tatola - Ankle
S Mitchell - Calf
Lovett
β€”β€”β€”β€”
Fletcher
Mellars
Kennar

Round 9: Panthers L
Graham - Sternum
Johnston - Hamstring
Mitchell - Suspended
Ilias - Tibia Fracture
Munro - Collarbone
Tatola - Ankle
S Mitchell - Calf
Milne - Suspended
Te Hau
Lovett
β€”β€”β€”β€”
Fletcher
Mellars
Kennar
Gagai

In Game: Gray - (Ankle Sprain Mid-game)
In Game: Hawkins - (Quad Mid-game)

Next round +: Host (Suspended), Murray (Hip Flexor).

Most of our injuries the last couple of years have been more on the longer term. How many have been 4+ weeks?

Look away cook fans.

But lets offer St Helens cook for the rest of the season and they give us Dodd for the rest of the season.

Cook would go well in England and we need a half back.

Problem solved if you can get it done

Look away cook fans.

But lets offer St Helens cook for the rest of the season and they give us Dodd for the rest of the season.

Like your thinking Sonic. But the way our luck is Dodd would injury his back putting his suitcase in the overhead locker before the flight left Heathrow.

I’m resigned to righting off this season. Get them all back and all fit and no one suspended for G1 in 2025. Then add Dodd.

Look away cook fans.

Crazy idea. Not going to solve anything. What would that do for this year??
Cook has a wife and kids, probably attend preschool etc.
Not that easy.

The media's treatment of Souths is grinding my gears at the moment - not sure why because they're pretty consistent in shitting on Souths from a great height - but it's really pissing me off.

Three recent examples:

* Cooper Cronk laying into us basically all game, on Thursday for players being out of position, without once acknowleding that we lost our halfback and fullback in the first half, and had our starting hooker play fullback, our left centre playing 5/8 and our lock playing left centre. I'm sure there were a few other potential shifts as well. And of course we're down to 15 men in the rotation.
No acknowledgement that we were down 18-12 at the 60 minute mark. Yes we made some poor plays, but the fatigue was high.

* In an "analysis" this morning Proszensko laid the boot into Souths, while incorrectly saying that we lost our hooker and making a number of other incorrect statements.
Again not one word on the injuries we suffered.

And then last night the Broncos lost their halfback where it was 18 all and the Roosters put on 22 unanswered points.

What was the media narrative...how brave the Broncos were.

It's bullshit lazy "journalism".

Reinforces my decision not to watch anything on Fox Sports apart from the football (and if I could get the radio to synch with the TV I wouldn't listen to them either).

Back