• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Next half back up?

captainsutto

Master
Reaction score
personally I don’t want to see the 5/8 & centre combo of Cody & Jack moved. It’s way too much of a change to do so. Add Latrell to the FB given Gray is Gonski with AJ, Gagai or Tass on the left as well

least disruptive selection is Subloo or Teaupa in for Hawkins.
Which one…??

Will be Cody and Jack imo. I don’t really want to see that either however, I think Hornby will be looking to experience.

Also, Jack getting more ball won’t be a bad thing

With Jack @ 5/8th who plays centres?
Chee Kam & Tass I assume and that offered nothing
And then who plays wing?

We don't have enough available players - we're screwed whichever way we go

I’d much rather have “anyone” on the wing than the centres

7 Subloo/Teaupa
6 Walker
5 Thompson, no other choice
4 Tass
3 Wighton
2…….….…
1 Mitchell

Christensen or Kaho Appear the only options right wing?

With Jack @ 5/8th who plays centres?
Chee Kam & Tass I assume and that offered nothing
It’s a bad situation we are in no matter what. Was hoping AJ would be back this week but word is he isn’t quite ready.

Sadly many of our injuries are longer term. We get Latrell back next week. AJ and Milne the week after. Not that Milne would be causing much excitement. We may need Deon for a week. But once we get those others back I think we need Walker and Wighton and then reevaluate when Jye returns.

I think we pull the trigger and play this out for 2024:

1. Jack Wighton
6. Latrell Mitchell
7. Cody Walker
9. Peter Mamouzelos

Or

1. Latrell Mitchell
6. Cody Walker
7. Jack Wighton
9. Peter Mamouzelos

Which one of Walker and Wighton plays on the right? They're both left-side players and have been for most of their careers.

Is there a confirmation of Jacob Gagai's injury?

A fella or two at South-Eastern or RAB are going to get a call-up!
What other choice do we really have? The only other half available is Deon and he too plays left side.

Cody has shown that he can work both sides at times. Will more than likely be him.

No public confirmation about Jacob. But it is another calf injury.

Pray to God that Gagai is ok
our left side should not be interrupted

Pray to God that Gagai is ok
our left side should not be interrupted
Did it at training. Calf injury. Don’t know the extent but can’t see him being available this week.

When Walker is at his best he plays both sides. Same with Latrell.

Either way Cody should stay second/third receiver and Wighton/Teaupa/whoever should play halfback/play off the lock.

Back