• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

You have to adjust your opinions on both Frank and Kerry {AKA the Goanna} as fathers based on the era, times and people were tough, my own grand father was taken from school age 7 by his father to work and the money earned went to the family, for many it was work or hunger.
When Kerry was a young man going out and getting home late, if he left the back porch light on all night Frank would be livid.
A story about Frank involved one of his printers. Frank hated unions and regulations, usual stuff.
One of the men on his print floor fell ill with cancer, which was a death sentence at that time. Frank asked his foreman, is he a company man? The foreman thought he was.
So Frank sent him home and paid him his wage until the day he died. Then he paid his widow his weekly wage until she reached the pension age.

You have to adjust your opinions on both Frank and Kerry {AKA the Goanna} as fathers based on the era, times and people were tough, my own grand father was taken from school age 7 by his father to work and the money earned went to the family, for many it was work or hunger.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I can't really comment on Frank as a Dad, obviously. But I did feel there was a bit of cruelty or competitiveness from Kerry towards James that I didn't like.

Part of me is like cry me a river.

Plenty of people have hard, even despicable fathers.

Never having to worry about money and having enough of it to open literally any door you like has to take some of the sting out of that situation.

Part of me is like cry me a river.

Plenty of people have hard, even despicable fathers.

Never having to worry about money and having enough of it to open literally any door you like has to take some of the sting out of that situation.
Not sure I agree in this situation - living in your father’s disapproving shadow your whole life would be pretty awful. Personally I would rather be broke and independent than what James had.

Not sure I agree in this situation - living in your father’s disapproving shadow your whole life would be pretty awful. Personally I would rather be broke and independent than what James had.
James could of walked away and did his own thing, but he didn’t

Kerry knew his son had a privileged life and just tried to give him some tough lessons that every kid needs to cope outside on their own

Some people thrive on criticism and proving the knockers wrong others wither under the pressure of it

We can have a good look at our 2025 half, Lewis Dodd, over the next 2 weeks. 1 v 2 this week. Wigan v St Helens. Sat 5.00. Next week 2 v 3. St Helens v Warrington (Sam's team). I don't know what they are advertising at St Helens but their home ground has a good name.

Gordie a solid pundit (if you know what to expect).

But when it comes to Wayne, he swaps his head for a pumpkin. No subjectivity or perspective there. The axe is always ready for a grind.

A new Immortal every four years?

Nope.

You will end up with too many and devalue the concept.
The less, the better.
If you have one every four years you will get guys like Fittler becoming Immortals. He should be in the Hall of Fame, but not an Immortal.

A new Immortal every four years?

Nope.

You will end up with too many and devalue the concept.
The less, the better.
If you have one every four years you will get guys like Fittler becoming Immortals. He should be in the Hall of Fame, but not an Immortal.
IMO immortals should be once-a-generation

For this one it was Cameron Smith

Before that it was Andrew Johns

Next one maybe Cleary if he keeps up his current output

IMO immortals should be once-a-generation

For this one it was Cameron Smith

Before that it was Andrew Johns

Next one maybe Cleary if he keeps up his current output
That’s a solid take, but I still feel like Greg Inglis belongs in that echelon of players. Biased probably.

Latest posts

Back