• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

Where did this come from?
The Rabbitohs Radio podcast on twitter.

I could’ve posted the link, but could be ****ed. So just gave you all the summary.

Maybe I’m counting wrong, but this is our 5th calf injury in the last season and a bit (although tbf, Latrell did his in Origin camp).

And I’ll freely admit I’m a bit scarred from what happened last season.

Anyhoo - we need to conduct a smoking ceremony, or an exorcism or some ****ing thing because I’ve decided that Heffron is cursed!

On the face of it seems like a pretty good deal - a smidge over $400k for a centre.
Taking the emotion out of it, think we are paying ~$1.3 mill a season for our centre pairing. I reckon Turuva paired with Graham at $1mill a season and using that leftover $300k toward a quality second rower and we would be a better spot.

Decent price for him tbh.

I thought he was going to try and command almost double or something

On the face of it seems like a pretty good deal - a smidge over $400k for a centre.
Taking the emotion out of it, think we are paying ~$1.3 mill a season for our centre pairing. I reckon Turuva paired with Graham at $1mill a season and using that leftover $300k toward a quality second rower and we would be a better spot.
Isn't Graham on $850k?

I highly doubt he’s on 850k.

Wighton is rumoured to be on 750k and he’s a genuine rep level centre.

Graham hasn’t even made his Origin debut yet.

He’s not on more than Jack Wighton.

No one knows what anyone's on. It's pure speculation driven by the parasites and sucked up by the punters.

No one knows what anyone's on. It's pure speculation driven by the parasites and sucked up by the punters.
Wighton you can take a little more seriously. As there was actual back and forth with the NRL on notional value of a marquee centre (I think their floor was 700k or 750k for a rep player in that position) so that was the minimum we could sign him for.

But on the whole, yeah, totally agree.

Did play for the Kangaroos…..

No I don't support blue and white. I support the Rabbitohs in a Navy Commemorative jumper on a special and sacred day like ANZAC Day. It's one day, it is required by the NRL we do something, we have chosen Navy for the day. It doesn't impact one human being on the planet. I truly don't understand why anyone would object.

And I have been offering my opinion, I assume I am entitled to one?

I am not trying to change anyone's opinion, people are free to disagree with it, and I am entitled to see the point for the day and support it.

I support red and green and it's insulting to even suggest I don't.

I also support my country and our gallant armed forces, without whom as I said the other day, we would all be playing Origami instead of Origin and there would very likely be no South Sydney.

I want the 2 points, that's all that matters. It won't be in red and green? Don't care.

It will be the team that accomplishes the win, we have a large Rabbit on the jersey amd in the history books it won't have an asterisk saying "Oh but it wasn't in red and green.

If you accept that pink and green are South Sydney.
It's not, and there seems to be a little hypocrisy around what some fans will accept and won't accept.

That pink and green jumper is hideous and I can't stand it. However I will support it based on the cause and reason we are getting on board with it, just like I feel about the ANZAC Jersey.

LOL, I am not in the least concerned about a random Souths guy, it's a laugh and that's it.
To make that a reason that ranks over ANZAC Day is just silly.

Thanks very much, I really appreciate the comments and messages I have received about the cancer, it really does help. It's not going away as it's stage four, but I can put up the toughest fight possible, with Rabbitoh spirit, and try to hang around as long as I can. Would love to see another Premiership before I fall off the planet, I guess we'll see.

Up the Bunnies and no offence meant by anything I've written about the jersey, just my honest opinion.
We have probably discussed the jersey way too much but it’s all good!
I usually think pretty much the same on Souths issues as you daRque and concur with your posts! Just love my red and green!

Never any offence taken mate - just my honest opinion as well. We both love all things Souths - a new coaching appointment needed though! (JD the coach not JD the person - he looked extremely worried before the last game at Accor. Not easy for him and his family….however everyone is paid to do a job).

Can’t see us getting near Melbourne (first time I’ve tipped against them in 3 years!) but you never know with Souths!!

Not confident about our second rowers selected and Duncan not being in the 17.

Go Souths!

Latest posts

Back