• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

I would take all of that Richo stuff with a grain of salt.

Why’s that?
Because the only way Richo was coming was if he was going to be top dog which would have meant clearing out Solly and Schaefer which was never going to happen. A mass clear out despite what the emotions want is not a practical answer.

You start with the obvious calls first JD and Hornby and then maybe Ellison.

Even Richo doesn't want to come back to Souths and would rather stay at the tigers on a 4 year deal

Do you blame him?

He has signed Luai and Turuva and has a plan in place which he wants to see through.

Tigers will be up there again in a year or 2.

We will just take their place on the table with Solly as the new Pascoe.

Even Richo doesn't want to come back to Souths and would rather stay at the tigers on a 4 year deal

This is the problem with this club. No f$&ken foresight or lateral thinking

Like I’ve said previously, I will never question Richo’s ability to run a football department on a tight budget, but this is the guy who,

Signed McCrae and Lang as coaches

Re-signed a busted GI for a million dollars a year when the next best offer was $500k

Pretty much did the same with Sam

Extended Madge to prove a point although it was obvious Madge’s time was done

Approved the succession plan after Wayne

Again big clubs ( if that’s what we actually are) make big moves

Get Frank Ponisi. Yeah Bellamy might be near impossible but this guy would definitely have a price

Geez the Richo deal shows you why you need to act quickly. We have issues at the CEO and coaching level, but limited replacement options. And the longer we're inactive, the less options/bargaining power we'll have. I agree with Brownrabbit, throw the bank at Ponisi and solve the coaching/roster issues from that base.

Like I’ve said previously, I will never question Richo’s ability to run a football department on a tight budget, but this is the guy who,

Signed McCrae and Lang as coaches

Re-signed a busted GI for a million dollars a year when the next best offer was $500k

Pretty much did the same with Sam

Extended Madge to prove a point although it was obvious Madge’s time was done

Approved the succession plan after Wayne

Well said

Just like at the Tigers, he would have stirred things up and made changes. I'm disappointed he's not coming

Just like at the Tigers, he would have stirred things up and made changes. I'm disappointed he's not coming
No doubt he’s better than what we’ve got.

But is he the best out there?

Richardson 16 years at Souths 1 Premiership

Ponisi 18 years at the Storm 3 Premierships (2 stripped) top 8 every year

Guess who is actually off contract at the end of 2024?

No doubt he’s better than what we’ve got.

But is he the best out there?

Richardson 16 years at Souths 1 Premiership

Ponisi 18 years at the Storm 3 Premierships (2 stripped) top 8 every year

Guess who is actually off contract at the end of 2024?

Guess who won't try and sign him

Back