• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

Sheens is probably being appointed because no one else wants to go there right? It's nothing but a stop-gap solution and surely the powers that be at the Tigers realise this. I doubt anyone would be thinking he will win them a premiership. They are simply hoping he will develop the next head that will take charge.

Not Souths related as such... Well kind of. More a knock on the media though.

I can't believe how much crap has been written and said about the Broncos performance this weekend "missing several first graders" and "baby Broncos" when basically nothing has been said about Souths and we were missing just as many first graders.

Ok we had a few less debutantes but it was still a test of our depth. The media are so biased in QLD, its not even funny.

Adam O’Brien spoke about it several times in his press conference. I know they spoke about it in the footy show a few times yesterday but that was more about putting the boot into Newcastle.

I think they didn’t really think about the players we had out overall.

I had a moronic Roosters fan (thought he was a Knights fan at the time) having a go at me when I said that they couldn’t even beat half a reserve grade side. He kept saying yeah Cody walkers a reserve grader and so is Mitchell.

Not Souths related as such... Well kind of. More a knock on the media though.

I can't believe how much crap has been written and said about the Broncos performance this weekend "missing several first graders" and "baby Broncos" when basically nothing has been said about Souths and we were missing just as many first graders.

Ok we had a few less debutantes but it was still a test of our depth. The media are so biased in QLD, its not even funny.
I'd rather stay under the radar TBH

Good work Tigers. Give the guy you sacked cause he wasn’t up to coaching the side his job back. Make his stars who you also sacked for being past it his assistants (Benji and Farah).

Madge will be back coaching that rabble before the decade is out if current trends are anything to go by.

Good work Tigers. Give the guy you sacked cause he wasn’t up to coaching the side his job back. Make his stars who you also sacked for being past it his assistants (Benji and Farah).

Madge will be back coaching that rabble before the decade is out if current trends are anything to go by.
They are a bigger rabble than we ever were. Even at our worst. Between them, the Warriors and the Knights, I see the bottom three places on the ladder being sewn up for the foreseeable future.

Sheens was past it years ago. The new bloke the Warriors have put on is miles away from being anything near the sort of coach they actually need and the bloke coaching the Knights is an absolute dribbler. Titans also in the mix for the bottom somewhere. Should be in the mix for the 8 but just aren't interested in actually competing

They are a bigger rabble than we ever were. Even at our worst. Between them, the Warriors and the Knights, I see the bottom three places on the ladder being sewn up for the foreseeable future.

Sheens was past it years ago. The new bloke the Warriors have put on is miles away from being anything near the sort of coach they actually need and the bloke coaching the Knights is an absolute dribbler. Titans also in the mix for the bottom somewhere. Should be in the mix for the 8 but just aren't interested in actually competing

Not saying I disagree but what are you basing that on?

1. The fact that he is an unknown quantity. One of the biggest problems the Warriors have is being able to attract talent to NZ and an unknown coach is not going to help.
2. His exposed form is rather rubbish. Aside from his stint at Penrith, he's had assistant jobs at teams that haven't been very good... Tigers and he's already had a stint at the Warriors in the past.
3. Lack of head coaching experience.

It's hard to downgrade on Nathan Brown but the Warriors may have just done it. I mean... Compare Websters resume with someone like our coach - JD and the difference is astounding and yet JD is struggling to take a team that made the grand final last year (minus a couple of players) back to the finals this year. It's not an easy job.

The whole thing smacks of the Warriors being unable to find someone decent so just settling for whatever they could get. Webster of course, probably never thought he'd get a head coaching role in the NRL so would've jumped at anything offered.

Sheens back at the Tigers. Does that mean John Morris is staying put?
There was some discussion that Sheens will mentor a crop of “young coaches” and then hand over to one of them in a few years.

Morris could be one of them I think they said.

Can you believe they charged people 50$ per person to stand on the hill at the Tigers home ground?, and they wonder why crowds are down..

Yeah they don’t miss. I paid the same amount to be at Suncorp in round one. That was being right on the tryline.

Yeah they don’t miss. I paid the same amount to be at Suncorp in round one. That was being right on the tryline.
I can only wonder how much the tickets to the SFS will be in the last round. I’m sure they will try fist us.

Back