• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

Good to see mate. I’ve been to plenty of Souths games over the years. Only ground I’ve yet to be to is the new one in Townsville (Covid reasons). But I have never been Random Souths Guy. Wear that badge of honour proud.
Well done Kempy, that is a HUGE effort in support of MIGHTY SSFC. Please bring home the 2 points tonight. Enjoy the game. Safe travels.

Well done Kempy, that is a HUGE effort in support of MIGHTY SSFC. Please bring home the 2 points tonight. Enjoy the game. Safe travels.
Covid ruined my run of 10 years straight without missing a game. Let me just say this. Watching the game from home is not for me. I know my neighbours didn’t appreciate it. Also don’t think my girlfriend enjoyed it either and she’s a mad Rabbitoh and knows what I’m like watching the games. 🤪

Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

Covid ruined my run of 10 years straight without missing a game. Let me just say this. Watching the game from home is not for me. I know my neighbours didn’t appreciate it. Also don’t think my girlfriend enjoyed it either and she’s a mad Rabbitoh and knows what I’m like watching the games. 🤪

Fingers crossed 🤞🏼
I knew you were a mad Rabbitoh, but bloody hell............that sort of support is simply THE BEST!!

Australia deserve to be 4th by downplaying international rugby league for the benefit of state of origin. More internationals, less chaff please.

Australia deserve to be 4th by downplaying international rugby league for the benefit of state of origin. More internationals, less chaff please.
On the rankings possibly. But we all know that come the World Cup Australia will more than likely be playing in the final against New Zealand. That ranking won’t last long at all.

With the amount of tests played each year in League you won’t ever get a great indicator of it.

What do people think of this?
Could Sheens at 71 and quite a few years out of coaching be their answer?

Tim Sheens tells Wests Tigers he’s ready to take top job​

Wests Tigers supremo Tim Sheens has indicated to the club that he is willing to step into the hot seat and coach the club next season.
Sources with knowledge of the situation told the Herald that Wests Tigers powerbrokers have approached Sheens to see if he has any interest in returning to NRL coaching a decade after he was sacked by the club.

While the Tigers are still exploring their coaching options for next year, there has been huge support from club greats for Sheens to fill the void created by Michael Maguire’s sacking earlier this season.

The club has approached Sheens to gauge his appetite and are considering offering him the job for next season.

The club knows the 71-year-old would be a short-term solution. He would help get the club back on track and mentor a group of assistants, eventually grooming one of them to take over when he finishes up in a couple of years.

The Tigers are also considering making an offer to Eels forward Nathan Brown to join the club. Brown was recently granted a release from his management company Ignite Sports, which is led by Joe and Jonathan Wehbe.

Brown, who returned to the NRL against the Tigers on Saturday night after a stint in reserve grade, is currently in discussions with other agents.
He will then sit down with the Tigers to discuss a potential return to the club.
Advertisement

Parramatta is unlikely to stand in his way. He has another year to run on his deal.

Sheens hasn’t coached in the NRL since he was sacked by the Tigers in 2012, seven years after leading the joint venture club to their first and only premiership in 2005. He returned to the club at the end of last year to oversee the club’s football operations, recently recommending that Michael Maguire’s contract be terminated despite having 18 months remaining on his deal.

Sheens has a big opinion of interim coach Brett Kimmorley and wants him part of the club’s future in some capacity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheens back at the Tigers. Does that mean John Morris is staying put?

What do people think of this?
Could Sheens at 71 and quite a few years out of coaching be their answer?
I guess he wouldn’t have the board stabbing him in the back like the other coaches.

No doubt with the signings they have made they will be a better side next year. Their roster this year would be the worst of any team.

I see so many people going on how good Jackson Hastings is. He is an ok player. I think it may be the Craig Field scenario. How good did Field look for us? Went to Manly and look what happened.

The problem for Sheens is being away from the game for so long will probably catch up to him. The game has changed so much.

Back