• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

New Beatle Song

Well, as you’d know John left hundreds of songs when he died, in various stages of completion.

I’d assume that Paul would have at least as many if not many more.

They were/are both prolific song writers.

What would be interesting is to see what George Harrison had left over. I particularly liked his song writing.

“While my guitar gently weeps” was a masterpiece.
Loved George's song writing.

Something, My Sweet Lord, agree on While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Here Comes The Sun, Isn't It a Pity..............great writer.

Speaking of the Beatles, gee I wish Dolly Parton wouldn't have done Let It Be, truly horrible version.

Loved George's song writing.

Something, My Sweet Lord, agree on While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Here Comes The Sun, Isn't It a Pity..............great writer.
All really great songs. I toss up between George and John as my favourite post Beatle songs. Paul lost me with Mull of Kintyre and a few others...

All really great songs. I toss up between George and John as my favourite post Beatle songs. Paul lost me with Mull of Kintyre and a few others...
I am a huge Paul fan, even his Wings and solo stuff. But there is no doubt Paul was the most commercial with his writing, where as John and George wrote with a lot more emotion.

If John only ever wrote one song, Imagine, then he earned his keep, likewise with George and Something.

I agree with your comments.

It's growing on me, and I have not seen the clip yet, must have a look.
Interesting question. What is your favourite post Beatles 'Beatles' song? Including any done as solo artists or three 'Beatles' songs done after 1969.

I tell you- it wasn't 'fair' having 4 of the best ever rock /pop musicians together in one band.
Ringo, these days, is being recognised for the brilliant drummer he was and how he contributed to the success of songs. Very few drummers could not have kept up with the changing style of music the Beatles did over the eight years. Certainly not Pete Best. And that is not having a go at him. He was a good drummer- Ringo was brilliant.

I tell you- it wasn't 'fair' having 4 of the best ever rock /pop musicians together in one band.
Ringo, these days, is being recognised for the brilliant drummer he was and how he contributed to the success of songs. Very few drummers could not have kept up with the changing style of music the Beatles did over the eight years. Certainly not Pete Best. And that is not having a go at him. He was a good drummer- Ringo was brilliant.
He gets overlooked due to the others song writing abilities for sure. Great drummer, although there are many other drummers I prefer over him.

I started as a drummer, and loved Ringo's drumming, very under rated.

Ive heard the song quite a few times now and after listening to it i believe it was never lost, John Lennon jammed it down the back of the couch because it was bog ordinary.

Probably Imagine. So simple, but such meaning.
I'd say Imagine too.

A simple and evocative message that is probably more relevant today, then when it was released.

(and if I can add a counter-point. Any song by Wings, but particularly the Mull of Kintyre gets my "wish they'd called in sick" vote!)

He gets overlooked due to the others song writing abilities for sure. Great drummer, although there are many other drummers I prefer over him.
As I said ,I respect him totally. I would put the Led Zeppelin drummer above him. Zeppelin's songs are also very complex and varied, sometimes changing keys in the middle. A nightmare for a drummer and he ( John Bonham?) handles it with ease.

Imagine and My Sweet Lord are my two favourite post Beatles songs. John's Christmas/War is Over is the only Christmas song I can cop so well done there. Can't think of a Wings song I like, but I'm sure there are one or two.

There's no way I could pick a favourite Beatles song or even album. So many great ones.

Last edited:
As I said ,I respect him totally. I would put the Led Zeppelin drummer above him. Zeppelin's songs are also very complex and varied, sometimes changing keys in the middle. A nightmare for a drummer and he ( John Bonham?) handles it with ease.
Ringo was great as was Bonham, but there were so many good drummers in that era. Mitch Mitchell, Keith Moon, Ian Paice, Ginger Baker, Charlie Watts, probably a lot more I can't think of now.

I still think John Bonham was the greatest drummer of that era (60's/70's), from a rock/pop perspective.

Ringo was/is a great drummer too.

As was Keith Moon and Charlie Watts - but Bonham's drumming stood above them for mine.

Funnily enough I was going to say of all time, but then you watch the movie Whiplash about jazz drummers, and you get a whole different appreciation of the craft.

Latest posts

Back