• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Murray needs to speak up ..ACT LIKE A LEADER

I think in light of Blakes comments this week around JD’s style and him pushing a player led leadership group or whatever it was, Cam maybe got put into the wrong environment given he was just starting out as a captain.

Hopefully with a more traditional ‘hierachy’ and with Wayne by his side, itll be the making of him as a captain.

Cam all class at the end of the night going over to the fans and thanking them all for being there.

I think in light of Blakes comments this week around JD’s style and him pushing a player led leadership group or whatever it was, Cam maybe got put into the wrong environment given he was just starting out as a captain.

Hopefully with a more traditional ‘hierachy’ and with Wayne by his side, itll be the making of him as a captain.
The player led thing was super interesting.

Every club wants Cronk, Slater and Smith leading the club and driving standards from within the player group.

Ditto the Cleary, Luai, JFH connection at the Panthers.

But yeah, not everyone is up to that. You can be a great footy player and not be able to drive a club.

I don’t think Joey Johns would have worked well in that environment. He was probably at his best when he had a dominant coaching figure telling him what’s what.

Reality is, if Teo and Burgess aren’t leaving in 2015, we possibly don’t get past the Roosters and into the GF in 2014. That was certainly an extra bit of spice that motivated the group to get past that final hurdle.

The trick is, how do you create that sort of spark year on year. Easier said than done. Teams are intricate little environments. Little things can have a disproportionate impact.

I’m
The player led thing was super interesting.

Every club wants Cronk, Slater and Smith leading the club and driving standards from within the player group.

Ditto the Cleary, Luai, JFH connection at the Panthers.

But yeah, not everyone is up to that. You can be a great footy player and not be able to drive a club.

I don’t think Joey Johns would have worked well in that environment. He was probably at his best when he had a dominant coaching figure telling him what’s what.

Reality is, if Teo and Burgess aren’t leaving in 2015, we possibly don’t get past the Roosters and into the GF in 2014. That was certainly an extra bit of spice that motivated the group to get past that final hurdle.

The trick is, how do you create that sort of spark year on year. Easier said than done. Teams are intricate little environments. Little things can have a disproportionate impact.
I’m surprised some journos havent picked up on thise comments more because if you go to the presser JD and Solly held before the Roosters game last year when Sam had exited, JD and Solly sold the whole “player led leadership” as a journey they were on and Shane McCurry I think the name
Was had been engaged etc so it was funny 7 months later for it to be a sticking point.

I’m

I’m surprised some journos havent picked up on thise comments more because if you go to the presser JD and Solly held before the Roosters game last year when Sam had exited, JD and Solly sold the whole “player led leadership” as a journey they were on and Shane McCurry I think the name
Was had been engaged etc so it was funny 7 months later for it to be a sticking point.
And the inability of Latrell and Cody to drive standards for that Newcastle game was impressively obvious.

Latrell literally said when he came here that he was looking forward to just playing his part behind Cody.

He’s a terrific leader in the community, and he may yet become a more traditional club leader in the future, but right now, he isn’t the guy you get to drive standards around your NRL club.

I’m

They got him in before the dogs game and the players, reportedly, responded extremely well to him. It showed in the game that week.

not sure how often he met with 5he players but he certainly has a good reputation

Latest posts

Back