• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Movies: The Best and The Worst!

Some Australian films I have loved:
The Last Wave
Charlie's Country
Wake In Fright (technically, a British film but an Australian narrative through and through)
Bad Boy Bubby
Stir
Dogs In Space
Ten Canoes
Man of Flowers
Stone
Ghosts of the Civil Dead
There are undoubtedly many others I can't think of right now.
Try Breaker Morant.

He was!
Interesting that our govt.of the time was incensed at the Poms for executing Ozzie soldiers,officers without even informing the p.m
Hamilton the General in charge was squared off by Rupert’s dad ratting on Hamilton re Gallipolli.Hamilton never got another gig..
You may not be interested like some are on here but hundreds of Anglo officers were found guilty of desertion cowardice etc. in WW1 but few were executed.If any!
Haig never found reason for clemency amongst the lower orders in the Anglo army.Shoot ‘em all???
Billy Hughes the Oz pm told the Poms they werent going to shoot Australian soldiers,get stuffed!
Thats real patriotism!
Sorry about the rant it’s a good story,the good guys us actually won,except for Morant and Hancock!

Last edited:
Good movie but a bit too much Hollywood,maybe so with Breaker but a true story with embellishments!
The Nek was an appalling exercise in Kamikaze stuff.Poms in charge?
I had a cousin( second) in the first boats to hit the shore in the wrong place?
Another cousin who after a bout of neurasthenia was writing to my father to get some Rhino( money) Slang of the time.
Shove their wars where the sun don’t shine!

Last edited:
I saw a really good old B&W British movie called 'Yield to the Night' with Diana Doors, Britain's big sex symbol, about the last female to be hanged. Very sad all round. I don't know how people can stay with a partner who treats them like sh##.

Back