• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Yeah except we already have two other Reggie’s hookers in front of him

How we’ve gone from Luke, Api and McInness to Mamo, Humphreys and Gray is disgraceful
I'm not disagreeing with you but the current Australian hooker is Reece Robson. It's dire out there.

Who is he?

What's his claim to fame?

In a nutshell, is he any good or am I going to have to job share with him before every home game when putting up the Peter's of Kensington pads around the posts?

Looks to be an NRL contract (top 30) bars on the paper in front of him?
We wouldn’t normally announce cup signings would we?
TBF, that’s not a club announcement, it’s his management company I’m pretty sure.

Reactions: Joe
I'm not disagreeing with you but the current Australian hooker is Reece Robson. It's dire out there.
Agreed, and I guess it’s not right to judge till after they bust.

Our hooker when we signed Isaac Luke was Shane Rigon. Nobody was saying Isaac Luke would be the NZ test hooker when we signed him.

Ditto Cook. He was an additional depth piece who’d impressed in a couple of games with speed. But his defence and playing 80 minutes had huge question marks. Again goes on to be the Aus test hooker.

So while it looks concerning, let’s see what Humphreys, Ilias and Mamouzelos can do at 9 before storming head office.

If they’re all busts, then yeah, it’s a sad fall from grace in the 9 department. A position we’ve been traditionally robust for close to 20 years.

Or Penrith winning back to back titles with Mitch Kenny at 9 😂.
Kenny is at least up to the physicality of NRL like Robson and both have decent service

Our first choice can’t pass and is no where near up to 27+ rounds at 9 physically

Kenny is at least up to the physicality of NRL like Robson and both have decent service

Our first choice can’t pass and is no where near up to 27+ rounds at 9 physically
I like what I’ve seen from Humphries granted it will be a step up, but he is physically a tank.

The signing of Ryan Gray on a NSW Cup contract is actually a decent signing. If Mamo and Humphreys work out, Gray should never see first grade, but if they cop an injury or don't work out then we have someone semi-decent who can play a few games. If he is called upon to play more than that, we are in deep trouble.
WB spoke about Illias future at Souths not too long ago and mentioned him at 9. That would put Ryan Gray behind 3 other players. Extremely unlikely him being called upon in 2025.

WB spoke about Illias future at Souths not too long ago and mentioned him at 9. That would put Ryan Gray behind 3 other players. Extremely unlikely him being called upon in 2025.
Yep, there’s three players ahead of him… who have a combined 3 NRL games experience as a starting hooker.

Yep, there’s three players ahead of him… who have a combined 3 NRL games experience as a starting hooker.
As I have said before if Pete M is our best hooker for 25 season, we have major problems, I'm sure he will be stopped around by the end of next year,English super league will be his best option, if I'm wrong that's fine at least I've voiced my opinion, if you compare he and bully when that first arrived its like cheese and chalk, in fact I think that's a bad comparison

Starting, interchange. No real difference anymore.

PM has 25 NRL starts plus 10 Internationals for Greece.

Pretty sure Harry Grant is the current Australian hooker, although your point is well made and apt. Our once great production line of hookers seems to have dried up in the last 10 years or so

Agreed...unfortunate for RG though

Back