• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Branden Smith had the "white powder" scandel while at Storm. A good footballer but I think he is on 800k or more. For that price you could get 2 Marty Taupou's and have some change. A big no vote from me. Together he and JDB would make a Wit.
You can rule out 75% of every teams nrl playing roster if you are worried about cocain usage and trust me they don’t hide it

The funniest thing is if Smith signed and Cook went to roosters your opinions on them would completely flip.

Btw what has smith done apart from miss a team meeting? Same team that had spencer lenui and michael jennings not to mention previously matt lodge.

Sounds more like they aren’t happy with his value for money on the field at present.
Mate - if the bloke has been caught twice on video….

I feel sick.

I love Cook and would vomit if I saw him in THAT jersey.
He can be very useful as a 14, in fact he'd be perfect there.

EDIT: With their style of play he would absolutely kill it with them.
Their backs and forwards make big metres and quick play the balls.

Robinson would have him employing a total running game, and they would give him the space to do it.
I disagree and this isn’t because I don’t think Cook has been a good servant for us. The roosters would still have the same issue now, and that’s when you match them in the middle, between Cook, Sam Walker, Teddy and whoever is the other half next year, they still have no one who can dictate the control of the game, or kick you to death. It doesn’t get them any closer to winning a comp.

The funniest thing is if Smith signed and Cook went to roosters your opinions on them would completely flip.
You are welcome to your opinion, which I respect. I can't speak for anyone else on the forum but my opinion of both characters would not change regardless of the team they played for. Personally I don't think it would be possible to have a bad opinion of Damien Cook.

I guess that is something that can always be argued. One thing that can’t be argued is Cook is a much better team mate than Smith. If some of the things I’ve been told are true then every club should stay clear of him.
Indeed if only half of the things are true.

He appears to have a self destructive streak a mile wide.

I like Brandon on the bye round.

I wouldn't want him at our club though.

Mate - if the bloke has been caught twice on video….

Did you even read the article you shared lol

Did you even read the article you shared lol
Yes mate read them both - an idiot who got caught once and then got caught again.
It’s called addiction, when despite the damage you to you and those around you can’t stop….

Brandon Smith is a top tier footy player.

A genuine character of the game and gets derided for doing the thing everyone supposedly calls for players to do - have some personality.

Would love for his price to come down due to off field stuff and for us to get him at a bargain price from the Roosters. But it’s not gonna happen. I think people have blown the breach way out of proportion personally.

Re: the white powder stuff, it was a storm in a tea cup. Munster was there too for starters (I recall people wanted to sign him not so long ago). Plus, the NRL’s testing policy for players doing recreation drugs (as long as they dont get caught by the police) is non existent in the off season (ditto on non game days in-season).

Re: De Belin, if Wayne thinks we need a worker in the middle, then so be it.

I would assume our interest there could be a result of not getting any nibbles over in England for a middle that can take that bench/starter position.

The middle has become a very mobile place. De Belin fits that.

He’ll be 34 next year though, so unless they think his time out of the game prolonged his career, you’d hope it’s a one-year cameo contract.

Again though, Moale and Tatola will be your starters. Arrow a chance there too depending where he plays.

So Jack is a bench middle at full strength, who can step up and start as needed. Which at this stage of his career is the type of role you want to ask him to do.

You aren’t buying him to be AFB.

Yes mate read them both - an idiot who got caught once and then got caught again.
It’s called addiction, when despite the damage you to you and those around you can’t stop….
Second article if you actually read it is about false accusations. How you have read that and thought “busted” is beyond me

Brandon Smith is a top tier footy player.

A genuine character of the game and gets derided for doing the thing everyone supposedly calls for players to do - have some personality.

Would love for his price to come down due to off field stuff and for us to get him at a bargain price from the Roosters. But it’s not gonna happen. I think people have blown the breach way out of proportion personally.

Re: the white powder stuff, it was a storm in a tea cup. Munster was there too for starters (I recall people wanted to sign him not so long ago). Plus, the NRL’s testing policy for players doing recreation drugs (as long as they dont get caught by the police) is non existent in the off season (ditto on non game days in-season).

Re: De Belin, if Wayne thinks we need a worker in the middle, then so be it.

I would assume our interest there could be a result of not getting any nibbles over in England for a middle that can take that bench/starter position.

The middle has become a very mobile place. De Belin fits that.

He’ll be 34 next year though, so unless they think his time out of the game prolonged his career, you’d hope it’s a one-year cameo contract.

Again though, Moale and Tatola will be your starters. Arrow a chance there too depending where he plays.

So Jack is a bench middle at full strength, who can step up and start as needed. Which at this stage of his career is the type of role you want to ask him to do.

You aren’t buying him to be AFB.
I like Brandon Smith…despite myself, I like him. He’s a “typical Kiwi”, with a laconic style and a good sense of humour.

He is quite engaging on the Bye round podcast and has a decent analytical footy brain.

The things I’ve heard have nothing to do with “white powder”, or not just that anyway.

I doubt all of the things I’ve heard are true, but as I said previously if half of them are true, he could be quite disruptive to the culture of our club - during a critical period.

On De Belin, it’s the same thing, what would he be like to our culture, during a critical period.

Personally I’d like Cook to see out his contract and transition into an off field role.

But he’s been a good servant of the club and if he wants a longer contract, we shouldn’t stand in his way.

Nor should we be doing silly trades or tipping in cash.

Latest posts

Back