• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

We really need wingers. Right now our first choice right winger for 2025 is either Jacob Gagai or Tyrone Munro. Wild.
What's our back 5 options for next year? I'm not sure who we're losing... Milne, Tass, Te Hau, Thompson are all off contract though. So that leaves Johnson, Kennar, Gagai, Mitchell, Munro, Wighton*, Gray, Myers, Graham

If we go into the season with:-

1. Mitchell
2. AJ
3. Wighton
4. Graham
5. Munro / Gagai

That's not a bad backline... that's assuming Wighton moves into the backline with Humphreys and Dodd signing and Gray a halves chance as well.

I wonder if Paul Alamoti is worth a look in, he's off contract according to https://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/player-movements/

TPJ appears Wayne can control him , and the rumoured Sharks bench prop. this would give our pack more size and mongrel to go with the hard workers we already have.

I think Pistol will have a battle with Humphreys for hooker ---

Gray , if he can push us towards the finals in LM , perhaps could earn the fullback spot pushing LM to centre or 5/8 with Walker / Dodd half ( even if Dodd turns out good , he may have to wait until 2026 to make the half spot his.

What's our back 5 options for next year? I'm not sure who we're losing... Milne, Tass, Te Hau, Thompson are all off contract though. So that leaves Johnson, Kennar, Gagai, Mitchell, Munro, Wighton*, Gray, Myers, Graham

1. Mitchell
2. AJ
3. Wighton
4. Graham
5. Munro / Gagai

That's not a bad backline... that's assuming Wighton moves into the backline with Humphreys and Dodd signing and Gray a halves chance as well.

I wonder if Paul Alamoti is worth a look in, he's off contract according to https://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/player-movements/
It’s a hard one.

Gagai is a good option, but do you think we win a grand final with Gagai and AJ as our wingers?

Munro is a great addition of genuine speed, but he doesn’t have the experience for you to walk into a season 100% confident he’s the guy.

A centre/winger who can legitimately start would be a welcome addition to the squad if we can swing it. Maybe the club think Milne is that? Are we going to hear a ‘who’s better than Taane Milne’ this off season? :)

If Wayne knows something we don’t when it comes to a Myers, Mansfield-Webster, or Mellars, etc type, then so be it.

But I think we’re a good outside back short right this second.

As is, we’re hoping everything goes our way.

Last edited:
Who would you like us to pick up before next season kicks off?
Depends who is available. I don’t mind getting someone like Royce Hunt. With the likes of Campbell Graham and Junior Tatola back next year that would be like having 2 new signings. I would also like a decent winger signed.

My issue with TPJ is how easily he loses interest. Right now he is showing motivation. We have seen that before. Doesn’t last long.

It's all about what we think will make our pack formidable for 2025. I look at TPJ as the bowling ball to skittles simile. Has a good offload too. We need another big line bender, as TPJ is. I am good with his inclusion if it were to be. But my number one preference in forwards for 2025 is Royce Hunt, daylight second.
I wouldn't mind TPJ at Souths as long as there are adequate performance based contract clauses included.

1. Mitchell
2. AJ
3. Wighton
4. Graham
5. Munro / Gagai

Wow! That is soo exciting to me for a backline.

In my mind, I would be soo excited if we could take that backline into a finals series.

The 2021 grand final lineup against the Panthers was:
Blake Taaffe
Alex Johnston
Dane Gagai
Campbell Graham
Jaxson Paulo
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: - not trying to be sarcastic!

It's just such a shock looking back and to think we still only lost by 2 points after a crazy intercept and Adam's toe being a couple of centimetres off not getting a critical 40/20

I'm excited to see what Humphrey brings to the team.
Doubt we will see TPJ, hates Sydney.

For 2025 Backline.
2 Johnstone, 3 Whiten, 6 Walker, 7 Dodd, 4 Graham, 5 Munro & 9 Humphreys/PM
Don't be surprised if Humphreys gets the round 1 start at 9.
But if we are lucky then;
2 Clarke, 3 Whiten, 6 Walker, 7 Dodd, 4 Graham 5 Johnston. 9 Humphreys.

It's just such a shock looking back and to think we still only lost by 2 points after a crazy intercept and Adam's toe being a couple of centimetres off not getting a critical 40/20
And someone, anyone just one person pushing up with Camm near the end of the game when he made the break in Penriths half.

At the moment 11 of our first choice starting 13 for 2025 are the same as they are/were in 2024.

Mitchell, Johnston, Wighton, Graham, Munro, Walker, Tatola, Moale, Arrow, Murray, and Koloamatangi.

Movements so far re: starters is just:

Dodd for Ilias
Mamouzelos/Humphreys for Cook

And of course the big one:

Bennett for Dimetriou

At the moment 11 of our first choice starting 13 for 2025 are the same as they are/were in 2024.

Mitchell, Johnston, Wighton, Graham, Munro, Walker, Tatola, Moale, Arrow, Murray, and Koloamatangi.

Movements so far re: starters is just:

Dodd for Ilias
Mamouzelos/Humphreys for Cook

And of course the big one:

Bennett for Dimetriou
I am a tragic but pragmatic optimist...work that one out ... but, I love seeing juniors coming through ... youngsters or late bloomers. I would not be surprised if one or more of the following make it to 1st grade in next couple of years:
- Gray (Ryan and Jai)
- Webster-Mansfield
- Bentley-Hape
- O'Kane
- Matt French
- Myers maybe as well..
Throw in Le Blanc too of course!
From the fan who suggested 2 weeks ago that Cook should be our goal kicker ... apologies for the hubris! 😀

Latest posts

Back