• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

This honestly sounds like nothing but pure speculation. Like Crawley has pulled it out of his arse and made it up so I won't be getting my hopes up.

If it was to happen, I wouldn't be overly excited, but I wouldn't be against it either. Bateman is a solid player, but he's not really anything special. Not since 2019 anyway. And one good Season in nine years is nothing to get excited about.

But this could all be due to the poor environment at the Tigers. Maybe here, we'd go to another level again. Who knows?

If he really wants to come, and Wayne wants him, then he'll come, and we'll see what happens from there.

But I don't think this is genuinely realistic.
I too am not overly excited about Bateman.
He has been part of a losing team at Tigers, but even so I expect more from their senior players and just dont see it in him nearly enough and b4 that at the Raiders as well. I would prefer we keep looking and/or keep looking from within!

R21s numbers are just fanciful rubbish, but hasn’t it been reported that Bateman is (theoretically) back to the TigePies next year to see out his final 2 years?
I got it from a good sauce he's on a million a month. Just trying to work out if it was tomato, chili or BBQ. Apparently, Rothfield's written a cookbook. So the sauce is good 🤪😋

Last edited:
Bateman would be a good fit in our starting side at backrow, but I can't see it happening. There will be other clubs chasing him here or in the ESL, as a Marquee, who will offer more $$$. I think there is more chance of WB bringing Aitkin and TPJ with him in 2025. There is still an outside chance of Royce Hunt leaving the sharks early.

Last edited:
Has the market gone quiet because a couple of clubs are waiting to see where Utoikamanu lands? Feel like player movement has been a ghost town?

I saw this rumour on social media last night and I think the Tigers fans were more excited by this news than we were.

Although I have seen many Tigers players leave there to become much better players, I find his attitude to be the biggest issue.

If attitude is Bateman’s problem, I don’t see why people are interested in TPJ?

In some cases attitude can be fixed by change. I don't know if that is the case here but compare our player attitude pre to post JD.

If attitude is Bateman’s problem, I don’t see why people are interested in TPJ?
It's all about what we think will make our pack formidable for 2025. I look at TPJ as the bowling ball to skittles simile. Has a good offload too. We need another big line bender, as TPJ is. I am good with his inclusion if it were to be. But my number one preference in forwards for 2025 is Royce Hunt, daylight second.

Latest posts

Back