• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

2019 Bateman? Sure.
2024 Bateman? 🤮🤮

Exactly, if true.

Loved him at the raiders but shit house at the tigers but his form could be due to tigers being a rabble

Anyways read the article and sounds like made up speculation by Crawly

Last edited:
Bateman ??? maybe if we get rid of Duncan and do not sign Atkins and he same price as either of them.

short answer we do need another average size backrower.

we need a big destructive backrower and a big destructive prop. any other discussion is a great for a Bottom team.

TPJ looks a great opportunity if he really wants to play for WB.

Lovett has barely played footy in 3 years. He’ll be doing well just to get back on the park for a decent stretch of time poor guy.

Lovett has barely played footy in 3 years. He’ll be doing well just to get back on the park for a decent stretch of time poor guy.
Agree our youngsters have had lots of injuries. We might see Lovett around origin time.

I’d like to get Aitken

This honestly sounds like nothing but pure speculation. Like Crawley has pulled it out of his arse and made it up so I won't be getting my hopes up.

If it was to happen, I wouldn't be overly excited, but I wouldn't be against it either. Bateman is a solid player, but he's not really anything special. Not since 2019 anyway. And one good Season in nine years is nothing to get excited about.

But this could all be due to the poor environment at the Tigers. Maybe here, we'd go to another level again. Who knows?

If he really wants to come, and Wayne wants him, then he'll come, and we'll see what happens from there.

But I don't think this is genuinely realistic.

I don’t watch enough non Souths footy to comment specifically, but I will add, people wanted Keaon Koloamatangi benched and or sacked earlier in the season.

Environment counts.

Not saying Bennett is magic, but Bateman is 30. He’s not a fossil.

If he is healthy, in a good environment and keen, there is no reason he can’t play accordingly.

Wayne would have a fair idea what he can get out of him.

I don’t think we’re even interested given the source of this is pure speculation, but if we signed him, so be it.

Remember what happened to Adam Blair was terrible at the Tigers left them and turned around his form

I’m not fully against Bateman if the Tigers chip in 200k of his 750k and we pay 550k.

We need good edge options if we are to move Keaon to the middle permanently and there isn’t much on the market.

Obviously none of this will happen unless we get other clubs to take guys like Ilias, Havili and Host.

I think its hard to judge Bateman off his Tigpies form, they arent exactly setting the world on fire.

I will trust Bennett's judgement on this one, he has experience when it comes to getting the best out of guys who havent looked good elsewhere and are approaching veteran status.

What Bennett has done with a Dolphins squad that is inferior to ours on paper is quite astounding and i am prepared to let him do what needs to be done to get us into the top 4 and challenging for a title again...

I’m not fully against Bateman if the Tigers chip in 200k of his 750k and we pay 550k.

We need good edge options if we are to move Keaon to the middle permanently and there isn’t much on the market.

Obviously none of this will happen unless we get other clubs to take guys like Ilias, Havili and Host.
But he no longer has a contract with the Tigers so they ain’t paying anything….

R21s numbers are just fanciful rubbish, but hasn’t it been reported that Bateman is (theoretically) back to the TigePies next year to see out his final 2 years?

He is contracted to the Tigers for 2025 and 26 I believe two more years

Latest posts

Back