• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

You canā€™t complain too much about move-on choices.

Doueihi, Allan, Taafe, even back to Champion. You can include Sironen, Johns and Jennings. Sele given his injury run.

We havenā€™t tapped too many guys that went on to kill it.

This is different to demand players or established stars like Keary, Crichton, Sualiii. Reynolds, etc.

You canā€™t complain too much about move-on choices.

Doueihi, Allan, Taafe, even back to Champion. You can include Sironen, Johns and Jennings. Sele given his injury run.

We havenā€™t tapped too many guys that went on to kill it.

This is different to demand players or established stars like Keary, Crichton, Sualiii. Reynolds, etc.
On the side
- McInnes
- Api
- Reynolds (oh I went there šŸ˜)
- Jesse Arthars
- Talaki

On the side
- McInnes
- Api
- Reynolds (oh I went there šŸ˜)
- Jesse Arthars
- Talaki
Talakai Iā€™ll give you. 100%.

McInnes and Api donā€™t count, simply because the 9 we kept played for Australia and kept both of them out of the Blues for most of his career.

Jesse Arthurā€™s is no better than AJ or Munro. And hasnā€™t gone on to any great lengths despite playing some first grade.

Fanua-Blake
Walker
Smith
Rudolph
Guler
Watson
Sorenson
Garlick
Karapani
Fonua Blake was like 16 when he played for Souths Juniors wasnā€™t he? Itā€™s not an identified top squad player we decided wasnā€™t up to it.

Walkerā€™s exit had plenty of context around it. I donā€™t think anyone at the club had doubts on his skill.

Smith was another one that left as a teen.

Rudolph, like Talakai, 100% is someone we should have done more to hold on to at the time. He was impressive in our NYC side.

Guler went early, and TBF, has never really kicked on to any great level, despite making a career to date in Canberra. Should we have offered him cash to stay as a junior, maybe, but I donā€™t stay up at night lamenting them letting him go.

Watson, as in Connor? Never actually played junior reps for us did he (despite playing local comp footy). Canā€™t really lament that one.

Garlick hasnā€™t shown us up to date.

Karapani hasnā€™t showed enough yet to suggest they got that one wrong, though there were behavioural issues, you have to draw the line somewhere.

Sorensen is one where I think he can thank Penrith as opposed to Penrith finding an under appreciated talent. I donā€™t think he has the career heā€™s had anywhere but Penrith or Melbourne.

But to the original sentiment of the chat, for guys that we got into the first grade system, and then decided to part ways with, theyā€™ve got way more right than wrong. Talakai and Rudolph being clear exceptions. Tracey too (to a lesser extent). And the Sharks got them all.

Looking through the Teleā€™s NSW 20ā€™s and 19ā€™s Origin lists since inception has some blasts from the past. Olive, Coterill, Hiroti (not in the list but came to mind), Murphy, Grevsmuhl, Carter, Britt, Mago, Gray, Dargan.

Last edited:
Talakai Iā€™ll give you. 100%.

McInnes and Api donā€™t count, simply because the 9 we kept played for Australia and kept both of them out of the Blues for most of his career.

Jesse Arthurā€™s is no better than AJ or Munro. And hasnā€™t gone on to any great lengths despite playing some first grade.
Our nine made selection because McInnes was injured at the time. Api has represented Fiji. Api was Madges back up hooker behind Bully.

He has now picked neither Cook or Api at SOO, but selected McInnes, go figure.

Our nine made selection because McInnes was injured at the time. Api has represented Fiji. Api was Madges back up hooker behind Bully.

He has now picked neither Cook or Api at SOO, but selected McInnes, go figure.
As a lock. When's the last time McInnes played hooker?

Back