• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Sport Con: another @SuperLeague star on his way to the NRL as clubs line up to sign Sam Burgess protege from @WarringtonRLFC @MCarayannis

ran into a bloke in a Souths cap at the Coast Golf Club today and had an interesting chat - said Bennett was signed 2 weeks ago and there will be 8 players going from this squad didn't say who - claimed he didn't know - when they called out his name for his ropund of golf - I worked out who I was speaking to - definetely somebody who would be in the know - as he said they'll start playing from this week now that they know Uncle Wayne is coming back - he was adamant about the 8 that's a fair number of players -half a team

Word was Fletcher and Lovett are locked up and Shaq had a 2-year offer on the table to him. That was back around when JD was punted.

Off Contract
Hawkins
Tass
Thompson
Te Hau
Chee Kam
Milne
————
Kennar (Dev)
Teaupa (Dev)
Gagai (Dev)

Gone
Burgess

Permission To Negotiate
Ilias

By my count (if Mitchell commits) we currently have 7 spots left in our top 30, 6 if Ilias doesn’t leave. And 1 dev player known to be signed in Le Blanc (assuming he isn’t elevated), so 5 spots additional there.

Last edited:
ran into a bloke in a Souths cap at the Coast Golf Club today and had an interesting chat - said Bennett was signed 2 weeks ago and there will be 8 players going from this squad didn't say who - claimed he didn't know - when they called out his name for his ropund of golf - I worked out who I was speaking to - definetely somebody who would be in the know - as he said they'll start playing from this week now that they know Uncle Wayne is coming back - he was adamant about the 8 that's a fair number of players -half a team
Probably just the players off contract

Burgess will be one of the eight. With Dodd coming in then at least one of those who are our current halves if not 2 (Ilias, Hawkins and Teaupa). Probably 1 or 2 of Milne, Tass, Thompson and Kennar (though I note he's not listed as being off contract and Shibasaki.

Back