• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Great match for the Roosters and even better match for the private school Union pricks !
You do realise that our Capt was one of those…”private school Union pricks” right?

Just because you went to a private school, doesn’t make you a disloyal, money grubbing Prima Donna with an ego that outstrips your ability.

You do realise that our Capt was one of those…”private school Union pricks” right?

Just because you went to a private school, doesn’t make you a disloyal, money grubbing Prima Donna with an ego that outstrips your ability.
Well where I grew up we had a totally different outlook to yours and I won't be changing my opinion because you think it's not on. Our captain is a league boy through and through . Many of these private schools won't allow league in their curriculum , so our captain got caught out there. Nothing you say will change my opinion on that either. Do you seriously think Sua'ali'i wasn't a toffee nosed private school union boy who came to league so he could get the dollars to go back to that putrid game ? Union = :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
What a fun re-read this was #WeWereRight

Yet if the Roosters win a comp with him in the next two seasons (I don’t think they will) they will argue they were right

For what it’s worth we could of had him for 4 seasons

4 seasons in a premiership window where we’ve struggled for a right winger

I don’t know Sualli vs To’o on an Adam Reynolds cross field kick, could of been the difference

Well where I grew up we had a totally different outlook to yours and I won't be changing my opinion because you think it's not on. Our captain is a league boy through and through . Many of these private schools won't allow league in their curriculum , so our captain got caught out there. Nothing you say will change my opinion on that either. Do you seriously think Sua'ali'i wasn't a toffee nosed private school union boy who came to league so he could get the dollars to go back to that putrid game ? Union = :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Sualli played league in the Penrith juniors before we poached him at 14.

He’s a poor kid from Penrith who got a scholarship to Kings, with another bloke called Lachlan Ilias and is the bread winner for his entire family like most Polynesian players

Reactions: PA
So I take it you know him personally?

Sam Burgess always stated he’s a really good kid.
This might sound strange, but I actually care more about my own opinion than I do that of Sam Burgess.

He's entitled to his opinion, as I am mine.

Hard to argue with this level of ignorance, so won’t bother.

My only point was that Cam Murray was a schoolboy rugby union star at a Private School. The school my son went to.

Cam Murray has stated publicly that he loved playing Union.

I saw him play a number of games and will say - unsurprisingly - he was a star.

During school, he also played Rugby League - where, again unsurprisingly he was a star (I saw him play a couple of games, as he’s a year or two older than my son, who also played Union and League, including with Lachie Ilias).

So sweeping generalisations are not helpful or accurate.

I still think we handled Suali wrong........the kid wanted out clauses because he had belief in himself and it was well known RU wanted him and were prepared to pay big.it was a public tug a war.

Our approach was to offer him BIG money with a long contract in order to lock him up. He wanted out clauses each year . We already had him signed for the following season on junior contract.We stuck to our guns and allowed Roosters ( and who ever else wanted to ) to come into play , we also gave away his last year of contract when he was cheap.

Souths should have BENT to his request of out clause. We should have gave him the option of two deals.
1) which was our our offer of long term deal at TOP dollar.
2) the deal he wanted of yearly out clause , however at significantly less money. This is what the Roosters say they did (cough)

If he really wanted to go to RU for a World Cup and expected silly money ......why stand in his way ? Give him his options , however this would be tied to a LESS money contract. By doing this we may have had him for 2021/2022/2023/2024. And who knows first crack at him when his RU contact ends , when he would be in his prime.

Given his age , for mine he has played to his great expectations and is developing into a weapon , both in defence ( when he connects) and attack. I dare say if he was playing for us in 2022 we may have won the premiership in 2021/2022.

As for those who say he not worth it , great to be a contrarian , however I would not take your advice that there was no Tsunami , when I see and 50 foot wave in the distance. Seeing is believing.

Why has everyone forgotten how the NRL allowed a player to sign for a rival for $100k when the incumbent club offered $700k?(figures not exact but the point firmly remains)
Selective application of a rule.

As an example, Guarantee if Parra offered Moses $1.2, but he signed with the Tigepies for $750, he would have had notional value adjudicated

How do the Rorters continually get away with what is blatantly obvious?

Back