• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Keaon Koloamatangi

So, where does a fully fit Keaon play in a first choice pack?
Based on his recent form he would be good on the right edge but a beast in the middle. When Murray plays lock I would play Keon front row.

So, where does a fully fit Keaon play in a first choice pack?
I’d start him at prop with Moale with Murray at 13. But if the JDB links are true, I’d say Wayne prob sees him as an edge still

Yeah, I’d keep him at lock for now.

Subbing into the prop rotation through the game.

Still would like too see him in the middle against Penrith, Roosters and Storm before a final assessment is made on where he should play next year

One of our biggest problems the last few years has been players not delivering against the top teams

It’s one thing to rack up big numbers against poor or out of form opponents it’s another to do it against the benchmarks

It’s a really promising start, his late footwork looks good in the middle, his current work rate is outstanding but long term we need to know he can do it week in week out and against the big boys, because we know he can perform on an edge against those teams when he’s well coached

Keaon needs to stay in the middle. There were a few times the other night we were struggling to get out of our end and he just took it upon himself to get us out of trouble.

Whether that be continue being lock or at prop will depend on what we do with Cam. I do like the idea of playing Cam wider for now.

He still needs to improve his defence.

Laziest player when it comes to getting back at marker and does have arm grabs in him

He still needs to improve his defence.

Laziest player when it comes to getting back at marker and does have arm grabs in him
It’s weird in that I feel like he gets more exposed with this out wide than in the middle. Especially the arm grabbing

Yeah, he needs to cover more distance from marker out wide even when the ruck is on that side.

Middle is compressed, there’s less zip, and it’s likely an early tackle with a one off the ruck hit up coming next.

Middle is much more Koloamatangi’s speed.

He actually has a tremendous motor.

What people call lazy, is just the speed at which his body moves.

He’s a middle every day of the week, who ‘can’ play on the edge (let’s not diminish the fact the guy put in an elite level Origin performance on an edge last year and has played in a grand final on an edge).

There is a huge difference in being lazy and being fatigued. Keon is far from lazy.

Proof is in the pudding. Keaon has lifted in recent weeks.
Previously he shirked the hard rings clearing out in goal and doing the hard yards. That’s lazy. If you’re fatigued then you’re not fit enough. Do something about it.
He’s been doing the tough stuff lately and has been reaping the rewards but still needs to stop dancing around - just run hard mate!

Doing it for a few weeks is encouraging but it’s now up to Keaon to prove that he can do it week in, week out.

Latest posts

Back