• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Keaon Koloamatangi

Then possibly

Moale
Smith ( widshful thinking)
Tats
Aitken
Murray
Keaon

Hunt
Arrow
Tallis
Ilias?
No way would i want Smith as our dummy half. He would drag the team down off the field with his antics.

8. Moale
9. Mamo
10. Keaon
11. Aitken
12. Tallis
13. Murray

14. Tatola
15. Arrow
16. Hunt
17. Gray - bench utility

I think he plays prop and does exactly what hes been doing in the middle.
Going off last week's game, Murray coming on and Keon shifting between prop and second row, Keon went quiet, and we seemed more predictable.
I'd have Murray in second row.

Except that hasn’t been the case in Origin or Test level. He won NSW a series playing on an edge when he nullified Fafita and busted the line to set up the match winning try

He hasn’t played many games at nrl level on an edge. So he has no combination with our halves
In Reggie’s coming through he destroyed teams on an edge. He runs the best outside in line in the business, coupled with an ability to start inside his opposing defender then float to his outside
No one questions Martin’s impact as an edge
It also greatly strengthens our defence on the edge. Having Dodd or Gray defend in between Murray and CG is a non issue

True, but I believe the pack looks way stronger and better balanced with Keaon at 13
I’m sure I remember you advocating for it and then taking it back after it failed previously.

It was proven that he is wasted there playing a bit part role and he is much easier nullified by defences.

Regarding SOO the commentary I always here especially when the blues are down is Murray is being wasted on the edge. I remember clearly the blues rolling with Murray at 13 then Yeo came on and it all fell apart

Aside from his link role Murray’s best attack work is done through the middle using his agility against the slower forwards to offset the size difference.

Martin I presume you mean liam? They are not the same player. Liam is one dimensional but great at it. He runs great lines and hits hard there’s nothing else to showcase, he is perfect for an edge forward.

You don’t put your best player on an edge. You put someone that will do there job with minimal requirements and that’s it.

Going off last week's game, Murray coming on and Keon shifting between prop and second row, Keon went quiet, and we seemed more predictable.
I'd have Murray in second row.
When Keon came into grade and was in the prop rotation he was hitting 150+ metres a game in under 30/40 minutes. His impact is the same no matter the jersey if he is the middle.

Murray does not stifle our attacking flow, crazy suggestion if that is what you are trying to say

Keaon needs to stay in the middle. Whether that is at lock or front row.

If we move Cam to back row could we see Jai move to the bench or Chee Kam move to the centres?

If we move Cam to back row could we see Jai move to the bench or Chee Kam move to the centres?
I know Jai prob isn’t a natural backrower either, but I feel he is doing great on that left edge especially in D

Aside from his link role Murray’s best attack work is done through the middle using his agility against the slower forwards to offset the size difference.
I agree as long as he doesn’t over play his hand as when he does, he gets bashed and it’s not good for his long term career

Keaon is playing a very similar link/ball playing role to Cam. Who takes that role with both of them playing, in your mind ?

I like Keon at 13 and Murray on an edge. I actually think Keon is a better ball player than Cam. Cam seems to stifle our attack at times. From what we've seen of Keon he doesn't complicate it and knows his time to link. Playing Keon as a battering ram at 8 or 10 would be a waste of his talents. Only thing I would like to see as I've stated previously is Keon standing deeper and charging into the line while looking for an offload when he's not playing that link role, instead of the constant shuffle run from a standing start. I'd alternate Keon and Jai at 13 and get Duncan and Cam playing edge.

I like Keon at 13 and Murray on an edge. I actually think Keon is a better ball player than Cam. Cam seems to stifle our attack at times. From what we've seen of Keon he doesn't complicate it and knows his time to link. Playing Keon as a battering ram at 8 or 10 would be a waste of his talents. Only thing I would like to see as I've stated previously is Keon standing deeper and charging into the line while looking for an offload when he's not playing that link role, instead of the constant shuffle run from a standing start. I'd alternate Keon and Jai at 13 and get Duncan and Cam playing edge.
Hard call. No doubt Keaon is revelling in that position but he is playing 13 in a team that has a brand new attitude toward just about every aspect of play. Murray has only played 1 game since we "turned it around". For the prior 12 months it was far from that for Murray. My point is that is was much more difficult for Murray.

Cam playing on an edge certainly sharpens our attack, he’s got good footwork and the agility to hit a hole. Most of all the reduced defensive workload must help his long term longevity. He’s been showing the effects of that workload this season. He doesn’t have the benefit of a big frame to absorb that sort of punishment over a sustained period.

Latest posts

Back