• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

I've got a new rash

I think the talk of massacres is a little overdone, lets not forget there was more than a few folks speared and killed by blacks as well, not justifying anything but killing was happening on both sides.

As an aside, I own a cafe in Redfern and have an office in Chippendale.

I regularly walk past the block moving between those two places.

It still looks brand new and is very well maintained by the people that live there.

There is strong involvement from Elders in the Block and a strong sense of community.

I don't have an investment property at the moment, but I would happily rent to any of the indigineous familiies living in the Block.

But then again I'm a virtue signalling, bleeding heart, inner city, latte sipping, leftist elite who's never had any experience with indigineous communities in the real world.

(one of those statements is true...I do like an almond latte. I live in Petersham - which some might consider inner city, but is actually inner west. I grew up in multiple towns across NSW from Menindee to Wellington though and spent a lot of time with indigenous kids and adults. Like just about everyone else there were some great people and there were some absolute dropkicks).
Well, "bleeding heart, inner city, latte sipping" ... those are also hard to argue. :D

Mate, I don’t think anyone is telling Aboriginal people to just get over it, it’s in the past.
Yeah, they are saying it. It's been said in this thread, Facebook, have a listen to talkback for an hour whenever the indigenous are discussed. The default fallback is to say it's all history.

Despite the horrors that have occurred here on this soil, look at where we are today.
I love Australia but I don't want to look TOO closely at where we are today.

While we still have blatantly racist rednecks saying they wouldn't rent a property to Aboriginals, it makes you ask yeah, where are we exactly?

We have so many great things about this country I can lose count, but we still have a crazy percentage of homelessness among the indigenous, we have indigenous kids in the outback without access to medicine, fresh water or education.

We also have a denial mindset when it comes to past atrocities, with that old lame cliche "they should be glad Spain didn't invade instead of us".

Yes, we do have a lot to be proud of.

But we also still allow so much injustice and denial towards the indigenous it's shameful and nothing to be proud of.

I think the talk of massacres is a little overdone, lets not forget there was more than a few folks speared and killed by blacks as well, not justifying anything but killing was happening on both sides.
Wow, what a shock.

Who would have expected the inhabitants of a country would be resistant to an invading armed force?

The things you learn.

You want to know what people think, dont sit back gasping that i honestly said i would be hesitant to rent a home to Aboriginals i didnt know, funny also you totally ignore the destruction of property carried out by aboriginals in public housing, here give yourself an education, this link is to Australia's biggest investment forum, there is a thread on Aboriginal issues, these are the same people who would own a rental property, climb down off your soap box and have a read of what the investment community think, oh its free to join.
Yeah, they are saying it. It's been said in this thread, Facebook, have a listen to talkback for an hour whenever the indigenous are discussed. The default fallback is to say it's all history.

I love Australia but I don't want to look TOO closely at where we are today.

While we still have blatantly racist rednecks saying they wouldn't rent a property to Aboriginals, it makes you ask yeah, where are we exactly?

We have so many great things about this country I can lose count, but we still have a crazy percentage of homelessness among the indigenous, we have indigenous kids in the outback without access to medicine, fresh water or education.

We also have a denial mindset when it comes to past atrocities, with that old lame cliche "they should be glad Spain didn't invade instead of us".

Yes, we do have a lot to be proud of.

But we also still allow so much injustice and denial towards the indigenous it's shameful and nothing to be proud of.

Stupid comment keyboard hero, posters made out there was widespread killing of blacks on a grand scale, the killing was on both sides.
Wow, what a shock.

Who would have expected the inhabitants of a country would be resistant to an invading armed force?

The things you learn.

Overdone?

There is a truckload of research that says you're wrong. And these are just the killings for which written and physical evidence has survived.

Stupid comment keyboard hero, posters made out there was widespread killing of blacks on a grand scale, the killing was on both sides.
You seem incapable of putting yourself in others shoes.
If someone invaded Australia and took your home and land what would you do? If you relied on that land for food how would you live?

Any in the last 120 years?.
And what are you saying?, ok there was murder of blacks so there is a good excuse not to move on?.
Overdone?

There is a truckload of research that says you're wrong. And these are just the killings for which written and physical evidence has survived.

I believe my past family had to do just that with those pesky Romans, Saxons, Angles and Vikings, lucky enough it was long ago and i can move on.
You seem incapable of putting yourself in others shoes.
If someone invaded Australia and took your home and land what would you do? If you relied on that land for food how would you live?

Any in the last 120 years?.
And what are you saying?, ok there was murder of blacks so there is a good excuse not to move on?.

Thanks for keeping the conversation civil, sir.

You might want to look at the documented massacres since Federation. You might want to think about what effects that has had on traumatising the affected communities.

You might want to think about how that affects people alive today.

You might want to think.

But you're not actually interested in what actually happened, are you?

If responding on a forum online makes me a keyboard hero, what are you?

Overdone?

He's also anti-facts I have learned from a long time ago...

Latest posts

Back