• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Injury & Judiciary Reports

The injury management of this club should all be with a view to having everyone fit and ready for Day 1 of preseason training. Anyone who needs surgery, like Arrow, should have it at the end of the season so they are recovered for pre-season.

Anyone already recovering and only available for a few games shouldn't be risked.

All guns blazing for 2025.
After we lose 2 more games.

As of right now, season is still a go. You don’t give up on that because you assume you’re done.

Lose 2 more games and I 100% agree with you.

Ah, that’s right. It’s a foot. They are tricky.

Who was the forward back in the day that had the foot injury that saw them out for a ridiculous amount of time? It just kept getting extended and extended. Was lke Ben Ross, or Manase or one of the Lowe’s or someone?
I think it was Ben Lowe.

I noticed Thomas Fletcher in the training photos today with the boys. Wonder if he is selected this week in NSW Cup? Hopefully he gets some good game time now.
I havent had a chance to listen but in RabbitohsRadio latest pod apparently Mellars has done a hammy again?

We just have no luck with the young kids.
"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action."

Well, maybe not enemy action, but it's a pattern that's beyond luck now. There's something not quite right there.

Dear Pride,

What about Shaq? What’s the update on his return.

Feels like he’s been out for months now (although, as this is the longest season ever my perceptions could be warped).

Thanks,
Prowsey

Unfortunately Shaq provides no impact but he will atleast add depth and competition for spots in the forwards. Tatola is sorely missed and we need him back if we have any chance this year.

Unfortunately Shaq provides no impact but he will atleast add depth and competition for spots in the forwards. Tatola is sorely missed and we need him back if we have any chance this year.
Agree Tatola is a big out. I thought Shaq looked good in the few stints he has had this year. He runs hard and can offload in a tackle. I would expect him to progress further under the coaching of WB next season.

Dear Pride,

What about Shaq? What’s the update on his return.

Feels like he’s been out for months now (although, as this is the longest season ever my perceptions could be warped).

Thanks,
Prowsey
I think he is only a week or 2 away. Although hard to see him breaking into the side at the moment. Maybe will be needed for the Dolphins game though when we are affected by Origin.

Like many in our team I reckon Keppie has improved a lot in the time since JD departed.
I don’t see him dropping below Shaq in the pecking order. Moale, Koala, Keppie and Tom are a pretty good front row rotation.

I think Keppie is doing enough to hold his spot right now. I don’t think there is anything he is doing now that Shaq would be doing better.
Errors. They are the same player in attack and defense. Shaq doesn’t have the error in him. And Keppie isn’t TPJ or someone where you forgive the error. Against the better sides, he’ll hurt us.

But I agree Keppie has done a job with us down on troops.

Last edited:
Errors. They are the same player in attack and defense. Shaq doesn’t have the error in him. And Keppie isn’t TPJ or someone where you forgive the error. Against the better sides, he’ll hurt us.

But I agree Keppie has done a job with us down on troops.
In the last 3 games he has made 1 error. I would also argue that Keppie is an upgrade on Shaq from what I have seen in attack and defence.

In the last 3 games he has made 1 error. I would also argue that Keppie is an upgrade on Shaq from what I have seen in attack and defence.
I think Sean had been very good over the past 4-5 weeks but Shaq has always impressed me as having a much more reliable offload and standing strength- and we haven’t seen how the coaching change will have impacted on his game because of injury. Sean’s discipline was perhaps his biggest drawback and it has been much improved. Don’t change a winning team unecessarily - but don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.
Now where’s me onion belt…

Latest posts

Back