• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Injury & Judiciary Reports

I think Sean had been very good over the past 4-5 weeks but Shaq has always impressed me as having a much more reliable offload and standing strength- and we haven’t seen how the coaching change will have impacted on his game because of injury. Sean’s discipline was perhaps his biggest drawback and it has been much improved. Don’t change a winning team unecessarily - but don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.
Now where’s me onion belt…
I don’t know. Maybe it’s just me. But I’ve always just seen Shaq as a reserve grade player.

You do make a good point about the change of coach though. But I can only make my opinion on Shaq in what I have seen.

Right now though the way I see it is it is Sean’s spot and his to lose.

Errors. They are the same player in attack and defense. Shaq doesn’t have the error in him. And Keppie isn’t TPJ or someone where you forgive the error. Against the better sides, he’ll hurt us.

But I agree Keppie has done a job with us down on troops.
Of all the possible errors a player can make the one that really irks me is stuffing up the ptb……that grinds my gears no end. Keppie has had a couple of those. Koala has had a few and Liam Knight was a serial offender. To me they look like a lack of focus in a very fundamental part of the game. If I’m coaching the team and a player does that he gets subbed immediately…..
Rant over…

I could never question Keppie's intensity but some of the errors were real coach killers. Credit to him for tidying that up over the last 3 weeks. He has now earned his position in the top 17. I would start him and am expecting a huge game against his old club this week. Shaq has some good skills and it will probably take WB to get the best out of him on a consistent basis. He will get a run at origen time or if there are injuries. It will be interesting to see how he goes in a winning team.

I don’t know. Maybe it’s just me. But I’ve always just seen Shaq as a reserve grade player.

You do make a good point about the change of coach though. But I can only make my opinion on Shaq in what I have seen.

Right now though the way I see it is it is Sean’s spot and his to lose.
I 100% agree! Reserve grader at best.

TBF, they’re both not in the fully fit starting 17. So we’re probably splitting hairs comparing them. Keppie has been healthy and has consolidated the spot for now.

Keppie was never meant to be a top level elite signing.

For the type of signing he was and I would assume at a reasonable price, he's doing ok.
At least he has a little aggro in him.
Agree with that, though I reckon maybe he was on a little more than you suggest, hence why I sit a little closer to underwhelmed. But on the whole, sure.

I also think the ‘aggro’ thing is far fetched. He’s a big-ish, slow-ish,cusp first grade prop who has a dumb error in him from time to time. Expect that and I think you’ll be happy with the product. :)

Agree with that, though I reckon maybe he was on a little more than you suggest, hence why I sit a little closer to underwhelmed. But on the whole, sure.

I also think the ‘aggro’ thing is far fetched. He’s a big-ish, slow-ish,cusp first grade prop who has a dumb error in him from time to time. Expect that and I think you’ll be happy with the product. :)

I honestly think he's better than people give him credit for, to me he does a lot of the dirty heavy stuff and hits hard in defence, but it largely doesn't seem to be noticied.

Anyway, he's ours so I'll support him.

His form has lifted noticeably in recent weeks but then again so has the form of a lot of the team. It’s hard to escape the conclusion that it’s the ‘Wayne is watching‘ phenomenon at play. The Cook move is proof positive that change is coming and we’re seeing it reflected out on the field.
Mind you I don't think Keppie was that bad to begin with.

His form has lifted noticeably in recent weeks but then again so has the form of a lot of the team. It’s hard to escape the conclusion that it’s the ‘Wayne is watching‘ phenomenon at play. The Cook move is proof positive that change is coming and we’re seeing it reflected out on the field.
Mind you I don't think Keppie was that bad to begin with.
Or the opposition got a little easier to manage and we built some confidence.

Latest posts

Back