• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Immigration

I bet you didn’t have brand new everythings. 65” tv, 5 streaming services, shinnny dishwasher, oven, $1000 phone, a ram or ranger🤔
I agree they are out there but not everyone lives like that. No one I know lives like that.

That would be so good, i had all boys but luckily i have 4 grand daughters now from 1 to 18, we couldn't do regular babysitting as 3 of my sons live on the southside of Brisbane and we are on the northside, the traffic is so bad that even on the weekend its nearly an hour trip, the ALP gov here is giving out a big cash splash to win the election but what we really needed was our roads fixed..
My first child came in 1980 and the second in 1981, we went back to one income as there was no one to help us but now we are helping with our granddaughters.

A clear link to high immigration, rent increases, i believe Reservoir is a fairly working class suburb, all capitols are showing massive increases..

rent.png

I have family who live in the Hawkesbury and they are saying there’s a large influx of the Indian population that is buying up the housing. New restaurants and shops opening.

A clear link to high immigration, rent increases, i believe Reservoir is a fairly working class suburb, all capitols are showing massive increases..

View attachment 2532
And the landlord gets blamed for the increases when his costs are going up due to spiralling Alboflation.

Randwick council rates are going up by 12% in the next financial year. :(

And the landlord gets blamed for the increases when his costs are going up due to spiralling Alboflation.

Randwick council rates are going up by 12% in the next financial year. :(
Yeah it is a problem. So let's vote Dutton in, he'll fix it.
Remember when Labor gained power in 2007 and our debt was $0
When the LNP with Abbott as PM won the election in 2013 the debt was $165 Billion.
It was a debt and deficit disaster we were told! The LNP even spent yours and my tax payer dollars printing a booklet outlining this.
And what happened to this debt and deficit disaster in the 9 years of LNP in power?
They actually reduced it less than $10 Billion.
Just joking, it grew to $1 Trillion. Well done LNP. Hang on, did someone say Covid? Well, that did play a role, but before Covid the LNP grew the debt from $165 Billion to about $480 Billion. In layman's terms they tripled it. And what did we get for this?
Sweet F A
No infrastructure. No nothing.
And then, during Covid, the LNP dumped about $350 Billion of free money into the economy.
And as every first year economics student will tell you, free money = inflation.
Ergo, lots of free money = lots of inflation.
But yeah, it's Alboflation.
You keep telling yourself that.

Yeah it is a problem. So let's vote Dutton in, he'll fix it.
Remember when Labor gained power in 2007 and our debt was $0
When the LNP with Abbott as PM won the election in 2013 the debt was $165 Billion.
It was a debt and deficit disaster we were told! The LNP even spent yours and my tax payer dollars printing a booklet outlining this.
And what happened to this debt and deficit disaster in the 9 years of LNP in power?
They actually reduced it less than $10 Billion.
Just joking, it grew to $1 Trillion. Well done LNP. Hang on, did someone say Covid? Well, that did play a role, but before Covid the LNP grew the debt from $165 Billion to about $480 Billion. In layman's terms they tripled it. And what did we get for this?
Sweet F A
No infrastructure. No nothing.
And then, during Covid, the LNP dumped about $350 Billion of free money into the economy.
And as every first year economics student will tell you, free money = inflation.
Ergo, lots of free money = lots of inflation.
But yeah, it's Alboflation.
You keep telling yourself that.
No Kent I won't be voting for Dutton as they won't drop the immigration low enough, The Sustainable Australia Party or One Nation are better options to get the housing crisis under control.

Just on the 2013 debt we were still coming out of the Global Financial Crisis and we can blame the USA and the sub-prime loans for that debacle. 😉

People sleeping in parks, rents up well beyond inflation, ramping at our hospitals, who gets hurt the most?, the little guy, the people Labor are supposed to be the champions of.
Flooding the country with migrants and economic growth is still barely above recession.
https://www.2gb.com/10000-a-week-latest-migration-numbers-out-of-this-world/

10,000 a week’ – Latest migration numbers out of this world

The latest immigration numbers are out, and Australia is currently taking in more than 10,000 immigrants every week.

No Kent I won't be voting for Dutton as they won't drop the immigration low enough, The Sustainable Australia Party or One Nation are better options to get the housing crisis under control.

Just on the 2013 debt we were still coming out of the Global Financial Crisis and we can blame the USA and the sub-prime loans for that debacle. 😉
Some of the documentaries I have seen regarding the GFC are pretty sobering at the least. You could get really angry at the lack of accountability, and the bail outs to the banks by the US government (Obama I think), without any caveats as to how the bail out money was to be spent. That's what you get for trusting banks I guess.
As to the immigration question, I'm with you, I would like less. Maybe The Sustainable Australia Party will get my vote in the senate, I assume they are running there.
But what would an Australia with less immigration look like?
We would need to train a lot more people.
Tradies would need to take on more apprentices.
Universities would need to train more doctors, nurses, you name it.
Locally grown food would cost more due to higher wages.
Shops, cafes, petrol stations, you name it, things would cost more.
I do not have any savings, I do not have any money left over at the end of the week, and after I pay my mortgage I have $500 left in a good week.
$80 petrol, utilities, insurance, phone, etc.
I would be prepared to go down the lower immigration road, but how many others would?

The thing is Kent without immigration we dont need a single new dwelling to be built, one of the side effects of the immigration, economic growth ponzi scheme is that it makes it hard for our young people to be able to afford to have as many children as they may have had or even any at all, there is a balance and 10,000 people coming in a week is not close to being it..

Some of the documentaries I have seen regarding the GFC are pretty sobering at the least. You could get really angry at the lack of accountability, and the bail outs to the banks by the US government (Obama I think), without any caveats as to how the bail out money was to be spent. That's what you get for trusting banks I guess.
As to the immigration question, I'm with you, I would like less. Maybe The Sustainable Australia Party will get my vote in the senate, I assume they are running there.
But what would an Australia with less immigration look like?
We would need to train a lot more people.
Tradies would need to take on more apprentices.
Universities would need to train more doctors, nurses, you name it.
Locally grown food would cost more due to higher wages.
Shops, cafes, petrol stations, you name it, things would cost more.
I do not have any savings, I do not have any money left over at the end of the week, and after I pay my mortgage I have $500 left in a good week.
$80 petrol, utilities, insurance, phone, etc.
I would be prepared to go down the lower immigration road, but how many others would?

The thing is Kent without immigration we dont need a single new dwelling to be built, one of the side effects of the immigration, economic growth ponzi scheme is that it makes it hard for our young people to be able to afford to have as many children as they may have had or even any at all, there is a balance and 10,000 people coming in a week is not close to being it..
Absolutely mate I agree, and maybe I'm just drinking the KoolAid of the "we need immigration" people without reading the fine print. But at the very least we need to do more as a country to make ourselves less reliant on immigration.

I would be prepared to go down the lower immigration road, but how many others would

The problem is many don’t apply enough thought to the situation. More often than not, if you tell people you believe in reducing immigration they scream “racist” at you.

Honest & sensible debate in this country is not possible

The problem is many don’t apply enough thought to the situation. More often than not, if you tell people you believe in reducing immigration they scream “racist” at you.

Honest & sensible debate in this country is not possible
100% mate

Anyone that goes around calling people nazis has no credibility and isn't worth replying to.
Anyone who displays ignorance to what Nazism stands for is an imbecile.
Nazism is extreme racism.zero tolerance for all Nazis.
People going around handing out death threats are cowardly thugs!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back